return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Opinions on trans people with using restrooms of the gender they are identify with?
View this Thread in Original format
Spacey Orange
Just curious to hear about your opinions, reasoning, and experiences.
Lira
From what I've gathered so far, only two kinds of people protest this decision, and they come from opposite sides of the political spectrum: Social conservatives who fear such a change (from the right) and die-hard feminists who think of restroom as safe spaces (from the left).

There was an Intelligent Squared debate about it and I can see where both sides are coming from (even if I remain unswayed by them), and I suspect most people on TA will offer plenty of arguments for this change anyway.

I mean, why not?
ziptnf
My super religious mother in law has practically dedicated her life to oppose this movement, a courageous Instagram warrior posting quotes and "horrifying imagery" of the new measures that are hell-bent on robbing these good Christians of their religion.

My opinion? Who ing gives a ? Like I pay attention to the other people in a public bathroom?
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Like I pay attention to the other people in a public bathroom?

Actually, I do get this bit.

You see, both conservatives and feminists think women need to be protected from less than scrupulous men in a moment when they're vulnerable - and both groups may see transgender people with suspicion, specially those who haven't transitioned completely. So it's not that they pay attention to others in a public restroom but, rather, they're terrified something might happen to women in there. That's why both of us can't even wrap our heads around this nonsense.

And, in the case of your mother in law, correct me if I'm wrong, but she probably also believes it's immoral because God "created Adam and Eve", and she's just trying to fight transgender people because it's supposed to be an aberration and she may fear God may punish the innocent and destroy her city like he destroyed Sodom, Gomorrah, and Detroit.

RIP Detroit, I hear it was a nice city :(
SYSTEM-J
Just let the moaning awkward bastards do whatever they want. Unisex toilets are fairly common in clubs and it's remarkable how men, women and the gender fluid manage to sniff coke in interchangeable cubicles without the sky falling in.
Mr.Mystery
It has never occurred to me to even think about what kind of pissing equipment the person in the next stall has when I'm taking a dump.
Lews
, I'm fine with non-trans people using the restroom of the gender they don't identify with.

If someone wants to assault someone, they're not going to be dissuaded by a law baring them from using a specific restroom.
Silky Johnson
I appreciate social change because it makes it so much easier to identify and avoid total ing morons.
Jon_Snow
Trains people have always used unisex bathrooms, not sure what's the fuss all about?
planetaryplayer
I'm working on inventing a multi gender toilet

Jon_Snow
quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
I'm working on inventing a multi gender toilet

:stongue:
Alex
I don't really see why it's an issue.

If you listened to the SJWs you'd think 90% of the population just switched from dick and balls to vag or the reverse.

Kind of tired of all this garbage to be honest. Feminists and SJWs are retards, so are the people on the polar opposite.

Trans people have for sure been using whatever bathroom they felt like for quite some time, and yeah while there is a possibility that a child predator might put on a dress to kidnap and rape a little girl, you can't legislate that remote possibility away.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement