return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Friday, S3 EP123
View this Thread in Original format
Zoso
Woke up at midnight, and just can't fall back asleep. Just shy of 2 AM, now, and I just finished re-watching season 2 of Mr. Robot. I'm ready for some new episodes come October! We're finally seeing the remnants of hurricane Harvey make their way across TN. It's windy and rainy, but nothing like poor TX got hit with, of course. Hard to believe what's passing through is the same storm that put down 50" of rain in places only a few days ago. Monday is Labor Day here in the States, so I've got a 3 day weekend on tap, which I welcome. Also, today is the first day of September, which means were are just weeks away from some (hopefully) very nice autumn weather. What's happening with you COR wh00r3s this weekend? Talk to me, baby, whilst I sip coffee and wait on work time, yo.
Sushipunk
Oh hey, I get to post in one of these in real time :wtf:

I got to spot a pair of Jabiru (birds) at one of my local birding haunts this morning. Super, super ing rare around these parts, and the first time I've ever seen one (or two) in person :D Got in before the word spread as well, when I was walking back to my car there were tons of birders inbound to get a look at them. Yes, I am aware of my lameness.

No good pics because of fences and they were a long way off (no one on TA cares anyway), but I never thought I would see one without travelling thousands of kilometres to the Northern Territory.

Today is good. Enjoy your weekend people!
Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Oh hey, I get to post in one of these in real time :wtf:

I got to spot a pair of Jabiru (birds) at one of my local birding haunts this morning. Super, super ing rare around these parts, and the first time I've ever seen one (or two) in person :D Got in before the word spread as well, when I was walking back to my car there were tons of birders inbound to get a look at them. Yes, I am aware of my lameness.

No good pics because of fences and they were a long way off (no one on TA cares anyway), but I never thought I would see one without travelling thousands of kilometres to the Northern Territory.

Today is good. Enjoy your weekend people!

Hey, man, sometimes it's the little things in life that produce the most joy. So, pics or no, I'm glad you got to see those birds.

Ironic: I ALMOST came back here 10 mins ago and posted "FAO STU - I had a 25 oz. Foster's Oil Can last night" since it's been forever since I had one, and I saw the can sitting on the kitchen counter top when I went to get my coffee. :D
Sushipunk
Coffee > Fosters any day, and I hate you (as always <3 ) for even bringing this up :p
Zoso
quote:
Coffee > Fosters any day, and I hate you (as always <3 ) for even bringing this up :p

I honestly don't recall the last time I had an Oil Can before this one. Foster's is one of my guilty pleasures. When I first started branching out, as a young adult, from the high school/dirty south mentality of "oh, let's just get a case of Bud Light/Miller Lite/Natural Light," Foster's was one of the first beers I tried, and I confess that I really enjoyed it. Now, at the time, the local Shell convenience store carried it in the 12 oz. glass bottles, but I haven't seen a bottled Foster's around here in 15 years, probably. So, yeah, every once in a while (far, far less often, now)...I go back and visit it and remember some of the good times, living with friends...smoking weed and playing PC games all night across the horribly ty, hacked together LAN we had set up. I was a much younger man, then, with bigger dreams and fewer responsibilities.
OrangestO
Haven't been to the cinema in ages - checking out Detroit tonight.

Meeting with new friends and sightseeing the rest of the weekend. Just bought some weed, so I'll likely spend it stoned.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Zoso
I honestly don't recall the last time I had an Oil Can before this one. Foster's is one of my guilty pleasures. When I first started branching out, as a young adult, from the high school/dirty south mentality of "oh, let's just get a case of Bud Light/Miller Lite/Natural Light," Foster's was one of the first beers I tried, and I confess that I really enjoyed it. Now, at the time, the local Shell convenience store carried it in the 12 oz. glass bottles, but I haven't seen a bottled Foster's around here in 15 years, probably. So, yeah, every once in a while (far, far less often, now)...I go back and visit it and remember some of the good times, living with friends...smoking weed and playing PC games all night across the horribly ty, hacked together LAN we had set up. I was a much younger man, then, with bigger dreams and fewer responsibilities.

And here I thought you were just buying Fosters to piss me off :toothless

Still not convinced otherwise :o

Weed and LAN parties though, oh maaaan. Been there. Very good times. Doom2 on LAN, and then we figured out how to totally with it with DeHackEd :stongue:
Zoso
quote:
And here I thought you were just buying Fosters to piss me off :toothless

Still not convinced otherwise :o

Weed and LAN parties though, oh maaaan. Been there. Very good times. Doom2 on LAN, and then we figured out how to totally with it with DeHackEd :stongue:

I buy it to help your country, mate. We export our swill (e.g., Budweiser) all around the world, and people pay for that e, so I figure I can do you boys a solid and drink some of your exported swill. :D

Fun fact: in the 90s my cousin, who was a year older than me and basically like a brother to me growing up, was a computer science major at Middle TN State University. He chose this uni as it was the only one in the state (at the time, at least) with a full blown Unix lab. Back then, they ran DEC Alphas in the lab, and all of that had open telnet and FTP ports. All you needed were some creds, and boom...access. Our parents all lived an hour and a half away. So, it was not uncommon to come home for a weekend, zip up Duke Nuke 'Em 3D (I think it took like 18 floppies for that game), telnet or ftp into one of the boxes at the lab, and start a file transfer while we made the 1.5 hr drive back to MTSU. Needless to say, that didn't always go as planned, and you were just as likely to find out the ing transfer got interrupted due to ty copper connections or random protocol drops. Good times, sir, good times.
Jon_Snow
Christ! Stu and his birding, it's enough to drive one to drink a Fosters to drown the shame of it.

Silky Johnson
Oh I dunno. Just meeting baby's demands. , mothering is hard! I had respect for (most) single parents before, even moreso now. I can't fathom doing this alone, jesus.

Zoso
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Oh I dunno. Just meeting baby's demands. , mothering is hard! I had respect for (most) single parents before, even moreso now. I can't fathom doing this alone, jesus.

It's not that bad, really. You just have to learn to say stuff like, "Quit your damn crying, and get up and get your own in' breast milk, you little twat!" Now, this may be difficult or seem harsh at first, but trust me...it's all about the delivery. So, say it like you mean it every time you say it. After about 3 or 4 days, it's already becoming habit for them. By the end of day 21...sheot, smooth sailing. :haha:
Zharen
Kinda grumpy about things. Worked my butt off all week doing 10's and I'm still going to have to come in on Monday so no 3 day for me. Upside, going to have a steak dinner with my parents and visit a few friends I haven't seen in a while. Might even get the chance to get stoned too. in' might as well, getting tired of all this damn adulting.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement