return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
The 2018 edition of Top VST's, AU's Softsynths of the Year.
View this Thread in Original format
SynthNinja
I always wanted to revive the 2005 thread but it never happened. For those who still use softsynths what are your top picks and why.

At the moment I like AnA 2 and Serum, I will edit this post with details why those 2 out of everything else.

What about you guys, up for a little review of your fav softies?
tehlord
ANA2 is one of my go to's.

There's a cool Synthwave factory bank coming out for it soon ;)
SynthNinja
quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
ANA2 is one of my go to's.

There's a cool Synthwave factory bank coming out for it soon ;)

Aye, I like that epic saw preset you did on your sound cloud. I just bought it last night. I'm a filter guy and the part where it says 46 different types and plus custom waveforms like serum is what got me in.

Also, I liked ANA 1, very quick for getting the right sounds you need.
tehlord
The new analogue modelled filters in ANA2 are way, way better. In fact the whole thing was recoded from the ground up.

You can even pretend to be Jan Hammer

SynthNinja
Nicee, can't wait to start playing tonight. Also, your right, 3 years in the making from the ground up.
SynthNinja
Have you or anyone here tried Adam Szabo's Viper VST, its for windows only so I can't give it a test run, how ever his patches are really good.

alanzo
quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Have you or anyone here tried Adam Szabo's Viper VST, its for windows only so I can't give it a test run, how ever his patches are really good.

Seems like they tried as hard as possible to sound like the Vengeance virus audio demos. :haha: Sounds like they nailed a few aspects of the Virus, phaser and maybe the filter. Oscs sound pretty close.

I'd probably buy it if it can load Virus patches.

Seems like it can't, though, which is dumb given it's obviously a virus rip-off. Discovery VSTi can load Nord Lead 2 patches. Maybe the features in Viper aren't an exact match to the Virus TI.

quote:

R
Feb 14, 2018
Is it possible to load in my virus presets/banks? Would be nice though!

Adam Szabo
Feb 14, 2018
Umm no. Its like asking if Serum can load Sylenth1 presets. They are totally different synths

His other synth also sounds pretty impressive. Too bad it's just a saw/supersaw wave, though. Would be better if it had at least a square/pulse wave as well.

SynthNinja
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo

His other synth also sounds pretty impressive. Too bad it's just a saw/supersaw wave, though. Would be better if it had at least a square/pulse wave as well.

Yeah, ooh he nailed the feel on yet another day by Armin 0:50, very identical but also only for windows :(
alanzo
quote:
also only for windows :(

A limitation of the software he's using, it's a synth editor. That's probably also why he's dumbfounded at the idea of Viper loading Virus patches, that requires actual software development to do the conversion. A patch librarian is probably a drop-in plugin for the synth editor.
SynthNinja
quote:
Originally posted by alanzo
A limitation of the software he's using, it's a synth editor. That's probably also why he's dumbfounded at the idea of Viper loading Virus patches, that requires actual software development to do the conversion. A patch librarian is probably a drop-in plugin for the synth editor.

Yeah I read up on that on his site before it was released, I wanted to actually get viper. ANA 2 will step in for now.

SynthNinja
Also, Omnisphere has become the first software synth comp to integrate various hardware with their software, I forgot what they call it, but I'm sure you heard from the last summer nam.

I'm also skeptical, I mean I only use for easy on the go texture pads, an employee told me it uses some kind of digital processing algorithm not found on today's soft synths, If anyone can chime in on this, that would be helpful.

Imo its like Spectrsonics ditched NI NKS control scheme for the hardware, damn.
tehlord
quote:

I'm also skeptical, I mean I only use for easy on the go texture pads, an employee told me it uses some kind of digital processing algorithm not found on today's soft synths, If anyone can chime in on this, that would be helpful.

What uses some kind of digital processing algorithm? For what purpose?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement