return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - United Kingdom & Ireland

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Should the Firefighters have a pay rise?
View this Thread in Original format
Coup
Theres a thread in chillout but this is where is counts, opinions?
Az
Yeah they're risking their lives all the time, and if Tony Blair got a 41% pay rise last year they deserve one :)
DJ Fundamental
A 40% rise would be ridiculous...
Az
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fundamental
A 40% rise would be ridiculous...

it'd still be just under £30 grand a year before tax
My mate Scott is training to be a policeman at the moment and he's on £24 grand intitially
When you think about it, it's what they deserve :)
Tom_cowan
The money has to come from somehwere tho, would you be willing to pay extra tax to pay for it?
Wicked Neo

for sure they do deserve more money but i think they went about it the wrong way, instead of demanding %40 up front they should have gone for increments, like a 20% rise str8 away with the other 20% to be added over the next 3 years or something similar.
would have been less of a shock to the system then.

As for us paying more tax, if everyone paid just 1p more tax a week that would cover a lot of it.

if u break it all down, their money could come from many sources, we already pay in income tax and council tax, but instead of the councils and governments paying ppl like nurses and firefighters a decent wage, they spend it on crap.
examples: i am sure john prescott does not need 2 jaguars paid for by us, i am sure the blairs do not need 2 homes, one a off massive country house which they hardly ever use and costs a small fortune to run paid for by us and spesh as he has his own damn mansion anyway !
In this modern world of communications DO we really need to have to pay to send Blair and all the press and bodyguards and personal staff on a private jumbojet to the USA twice a week just so that Bush can plant him one up the arse ?
just the fuel for those 2 flights would pay a fireman for a good few weeks.
IMO we have got things way out of proportion on what this government considers important ways to spend OUR money.
Tom_cowan
None of that will pay for jack, its billions that will be needed to be set aside for the extra pay. Tony bleeeeer is only on 70k a year, it aint that much considering he runs the country.
DJ Fundamental
quote:
Originally posted by Az
it'd still be just under £30 grand a year before tax

Which is more than twice what I earn. And I have been in higher education for 4 years. How long does it take to become a fireman?
Az
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Fundamental
Which is more than twice what I earn. And I have been in higher education for 4 years. How long does it take to become a fireman?

how often do u run into a burning building with your 4 years in higher education ;)
Volksjoolz
Its ridiculas!!

can you imagine the backlash from other trade unions if the government agrees to a 40% pay rise for the firefighters???

your talking about one strike now...

there would be many more from the police, ambulance, NHS, and go knows who else as theyr unions would issue the same demands!!

Give the fireman a pay increase by all means..but 40% is just greedy imo:whip:

Tom_cowan
quote:
Originally posted by Volksjoolz
Its ridiculas!!

can you imagine the backlash from other trade unions if the government agrees to a 40% pay rise for the firefighters???

your talking about one strike now...

there would be many more from the police, ambulance, NHS, and go knows who else as theyr unions would issue the same demands!!

Give the fireman a pay increase by all means..but 40% is just greedy imo:whip:

LET THE LOOTING COMMENCE!!!:toothless
Az
quote:
Originally posted by Tom_cowan
LET THE LOOTING COMMENCE!!!:toothless

Bagsy looting Hard To Find Records first :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement