return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: [1] 2 
soundforge vs. cooledit pro
View this Thread in Original format
kewlness
i currently use cool edit pro...

but i see a lot of the ppl in the TA community use soundforge...
so i was just wondering which one is better... and for what is it better at?
thx..
Pjotr G
I don't think it really matters much, it's just what you're used to. I'm btw grown into 1 being with Cooledit 2000
robstar
Soundforge looks really boring, that's one of the reasons why I don't use it.

I use Cool Edit pro 2.0! It's very easy to work with and u can choose between lot of Skins.
arctic
i use soundforge, although cool edit looks good as well.
danceaddict
Most of the time I use Cooledit becoz I have worked with it for so many years, and I like the interface of it. And yeah Soundforge does have a boring interface :p
Spacer
The use of both i would say that is the best anyone can do, each one has parts that the other has not..so ... :)
SAGE2635
Its all about Steinberg Wavelab!!! :D
locutox
The best thing about Cool Edit Pro 2.0 is its new Spectrum Analyzer. I record a lot of tunes from my Commodore 64 and HardSID and nothing looks cooler then pulse-width modulation and vibrato techniques :) It also looks a lot sharper compared with older versions.

My signature was made by heavily magnifying a said tune from a sid chip with some added Photoshop sparkle.
charly b.
Well, both of them are great. Cool Edit has the multitrack option. Sound forge divide the waveform into regions, and it's more easy to create loops. Cool Edit now comes with the mp3PRO codec, and now you can create loops more efficiently. You decide which is best. But try Steinberg Nuendo or Sonic Foundry Vegas 3.0. You won't believe it!
Greetings.
El~ZaPo
quote:
Originally posted by robstar
Soundforge looks really boring, that's one of the reasons why I don't use it.

I use Cool Edit pro 2.0! It's very easy to work with and u can choose between lot of Skins.

I also use Cool Edit pro 2... but I didn't know there were skins! :eyes: This I gotta see... :)

midevlbstr
It just depends on what you can do with each program. remember, its the man not the machine...however, soundforge has been rated the number 1 wave editing program sooo many times by sooo many magazines--it just has so many features, btw,I use soundforge. :o
Rising
Cool Edit pro 2 here aswell, sounds forge is well boring..
less friendly.

Rising :)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 
Privacy Statement