return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
England - Portugal (July 1st) [Quarter Finals]
View this Thread in Original format
Swamper
...let's hope for a good game not decided on penalties.
paranoik0
i'm only hoping for it to end 11 against 11 without any controversy, and i'm not optimistic
evil_cookie
quote:
Originally posted by Swamper
...let's hope for a good game not decided on penalties.

srsly, that game was so boring -_-

anyway this match could go either way...i'd like to see Portugal take it.

1-0 Portugal
LittleGoku
This game has the potential to be the closest of all the other games this weekend. I really want England to win, however Portugal has a much stronger team. England has left much to desire this world cup. Hopefully they can pull it off but I think otherwise.

I'll call Portugal 2-1
smallSHEEP
4-1 England!

I am of course making the assumption that we finally turn up at this World Cup. :stongue:
The_G0dfather
england ftl, what a e football they're producing
isoterra
quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
i'm only hoping for it to end 11 against 11 without any controversy, and i'm not optimistic

likewise, i want us to lose fair & square for once!

2-1 portugal, england scoring first
sakabatou
They are missing 2 players arent they, after the Holland game which was a farce, oh and the sooner someone accidentally breaks Figo's legs the better.

England 2 - 0
If both were scored in the first half I'd be really pleased.
isoterra
i get the feeling it would be a convincing win for portugual if they had a full squad. with those two missing it's pretty much even but still have a bad feeling about it
sykadelik
I think we will win convincingly. I mean compare the two squads:

Euro 2004

England: James, Gary Neville, Terry, Campbell, Ashley Cole, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Scholes, Owen, Rooney.
Subs: Robinson, Walker, Bridge, Carragher, Butt, Joe Cole, Dyer, Heskey, Vassell, Hargreaves, Phil Neville.

World Cup 2006

Robinson, Neville, Ferdinand, Terry, Ashley Cole, Carrick, Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard, Joe Cole, Rooney.
Subs: Bridge, Campbell, Carragher, Carson, James, Jenas, Lennon, Walcott, Downing, Hargreaves, Crouch.

Heskey and Phill Neville were in the side, that's shocking. Plus we'll start with Ferdinand, an in-form Joe Cole and Calamity won't be in goal.

This time we can call on the likes of Downing, Crouch, Carragher, Lennon and hopefully Walcott!

On paper it looks good.

extacy_bomb
As much as I want England to win , I gutta say it's gonna be a very tight match.

Really donno who's gonna win it.

But one thing for sure ,Beckham's gonna play a major role in this game. He's eighter gonna score or assist.

p.s here's a related article: England-Portugal ref has history with Beckham
Siesta
The best is that they lose both! but that isnt possible :(

But I hate portugay more than england!

so england, beat those faggets!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Privacy Statement