return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
the one and only Matrix Reloaded plot discussion thread
View this Thread in Original format
whiskers
the other thread is too big and it talks about opinions about the movie. so please don't close / delete this thread, we might have some intelligent discussion going on

i have a few questions:

1. do you think the previous 5 neos chose a different door? if the architect knows everything, and at one point he says that trinity is going to die, how can neo save her and prove the architect wrong? is this a cause and effect theme, same as in part 1, where neo broke the vase because the oracle warned him about it? does the architect tell neo exactly what he needs to hear to make the choice the architect wants him to make?

2. does anyone else think that my theory of people being plugged in into different versions of the matrix is right? i mean, the 5 matrices that existed before still exist, and that's where all those ghosts, twins, vampires, key makers, and meringovian (sp?) guys come from. after all, the meringovian guy knew that there were 5 other neo's before our final neo. it's not that easy to switch 3 billion people to a new version of the matrix, is it? maybe all the different matrices are somehow connected

3. does anyone else think that neo might be a machine? we are shown all this great struggle between humans & machines from the humans side, but what if there were machines on the other side which had the possibility of choice, which could be completely independent of the mainfraime? agent smith, the virus, for example. if this is true, then it gives the movie a whole new direction.
TranceGeek
quote:
Originally posted by whiskers
the other thread is too big and it talks about opinions about the movie. so please don't close / delete this thread, we might have some intelligent discussion going on

i have a few questions:

1. do you think the previous 5 neos chose a different door? if the architect knows everything, and at one point he says that trinity is going to die, how can neo save her and prove the architect wrong? is this a cause and effect theme, same as in part 1, where neo broke the vase because the oracle warned him about it? does the architect tell neo exactly what he needs to hear to make the choice the architect wants him to make?

they all went through the other others because zion kept getting rebuilt, and with neo going through the other door, he destroyed mainframe, remember? so matrix essentialy is done, all people connected to the matrix are dead (apparently, since thats what the architect said would happen if he walked through those doors)... trinity didn't die, well she did inside the matrix, but remember in the first matrix, neo died too, but then came back to life only becuase he realized that matrix is just code, and you can't really die in it if you rewrite the code, so thats what he did with trinity...

quote:
2. does anyone else think that my theory of people being plugged in into different versions of the matrix is right? i mean, the 5 matrices that existed before still exist, and that's where all those ghosts, twins, vampires, key makers, and meringovian (sp?) guys come from. after all, the meringovian guy knew that there were 5 other neo's before our final neo. it's not that easy to switch 3 billion people to a new version of the matrix, is it? maybe all the different matrices are somehow connected

there aren't 5 different matrices, just 6 different versions, and evolution of the matrix... thats why architect said they were getting really efficient at destroying zion every time...

quote:
3. does anyone else think that neo might be a machine? we are shown all this great struggle between humans & machines from the humans side, but what if there were machines on the other side which had the possibility of choice, which could be completely independent of the mainfraime? agent smith, the virus, for example. if this is true, then it gives the movie a whole new direction.

i don't think he's a machine, he's human, he's present outside of matrix in flesh, but he is somehow still connected to them, not sure how, cuz he said he felt those 5 sentinels that were after them in the underground...
Drifter
i think its a possibility of there being a matrix within a matrix thats why neo could feel the sentinels but none the less still confusing :conf: :conf: :conf: can't wait for revolutions :D
Spad
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGeek
all people connected to the matrix are dead............

........but remember in the first matrix, neo died too, but then came back to life only becuase he realized that matrix is just code, and you can't really die in it if you rewrite the code, so thats what he did with trinity...

Could he not prevent everybody else from dying too then?
TranceGeek
quote:
Originally posted by Drifter
i think its a possibility of there being a matrix within a matrix thats why neo could feel the sentinels but none the less still confusing :conf: :conf: :conf: can't wait for revolutions :D

it's definately a possibility, could be an interesting twist if it were true, but i think matrix is gone...

quote:
Originally posted by Spad
Could he not prevent everybody else from dying too then?

no, cuz its a different type of death... trinity was hit by a bullet within the matrix, so he was able to heal her, everyone else died cuz the mainframe/matrix was destroyed...
Abject Silver
http://www.corporatemofo.com/stories/051803matrix.htm

this is pretty much the only thing you need.

one of the things that might make the choice to go through the left door at the end of the movie make sense, is taken from vedicism, which states that the point of our lifetime is to break the perpetual cycle of death and rebirth. when neo walked through the door on his right the previous five or six times, he found the source, and part of him was used to renew the code, prolonging the life of the harvesting fields where all the plugged humans were, and choose from whatever number of people to rebuild zion, since it is about to be destroyed by the machines.

neo chooses a different door this time, which, according to the architect means that he will essentially wipe out the entire human race - zion will be destroyed by the machines, and the plethora of crops which are used as batteries will also die.

thus, he's breaking the cycle of death and rebirth, choosing a path other than the one chosen previously, and stepping into the unknown.
Spad
quote:

no, cuz its a different type of death... trinity was hit by a bullet within the matrix, so he was able to heal her, everyone else died cuz the mainframe/matrix was destroyed...

What's the difference? They're alive in the real world, they die because their connection to the matrix is severed right? Just the same as Trinity being shot (the body cannot exist without the mind or something).

I don't think Matrix 3 is going to start with everybody dead.
TranceGeek
quote:
Originally posted by Spad
What's the difference? They're alive in the real world, they die because their connection to the matrix is severed right? Just the same as Trinity being shot (the body cannot exist without the mind or something).

yeah, but you said yourself, 'the body cannot exist without the mind', so if the matrix is destroyed, then everyone that was connected to it at the time is dead; just like when they're unplugged without going through the phone exits...

:)
conk
I was a little too stoned to understand much of anything in this movie :( I'll have to go see it again WITHOUT the brownies :o
Neo nEro
here are my thoughts as far as the matrix being destroyed:

Only the computers in the matrix are destroyed. how is everyone going to be dead from some imaginary computers being destroyed. It isn't like Neo is destroying actual computers.

TranceGeek
well if we are to go by the storyline thus far, its logical to assume that everyone is dead (as already proven when someone is disconnected from the matrix, and also as confirmed by the architect)...

agreed, physically the computers are still there, but if the programming is destroyed, ie. the matrix, then computers are useless anyhow...
Spad
quote:
yeah, but you said yourself, 'the body cannot exist without the mind', so if the matrix is destroyed, then everyone that was connected to it at the time is dead; just like when they're unplugged without going through the phone exits...

:)

Yes, I said that to was to illustrate that by saving Trinty; Neo demonstrates he is able to counteract this theory.

Although it just occured to me that he can't manipulate the matrix if it doesn't exist anymore......

I think I may have just disproved myself actually :D
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement