return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 
The Day After Tomorrow (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
jp
I just saw it :)

It was a great movie, it looks fabulous!

The message Emmerich is trying to bring across may be a bit left-wing, but who cares since the special effects are at Independance Day level. The dialogs were pretty interesting as well. It even has some humor. I'm was both touched and entertained at the same time :toocool:

Good:

-Ruud van Nistelrooij (Dutch Manchester United striker) was in the movie :D
-The shots of LA and NYC from the air blew me away
-A few jokes that were not as plain as those of Independance Day
-Nothing looked fake, not even the computer made scenes
-The girls next to me cried (not me :p)

Bad:

-Some far fetched stuff
-Things weren't always logical
-To much talking at one point

I'll give it 8.5/10 :)
tc-fan
gonna see it the day after tomorrow..
DJ Mikey Mike
Also just got back from watching it. The special effects, you just can't fault them. Simply amazing. Quite enjoyed the film, plus the girl on the ticket box at the cinema was well gorgeous. The only thing I didn't like was the wolves scene. I know they needed action scences in an action film, but the I found the whole wolves turning up at preceisely the moment they decide to go outside a little farfetched. Apart from that, amazing.
ShadoWolf
I heard that the science behind it is questionable.

meh disaster films are so 1998
fbgdavidson
quote:
Originally posted by davinox
special effects fest

My girlfriends brother did a lot of work on the special effects as a compositor for this movie. Also did LOTR-Return of the King, he did all the SFX of the ghosts in the cave and when they board and disembark the boats at the final battle scene at Ministereth, he went to the premiere and just talking to him about the stuff he saw makes me laugh! Also worked on Matrix Revolutions and Matrix Reloaded and a whole host of other stuff....and he is about as far from a computer geek as you could ever get!
TigerClaw
One thing to remember is the movie is about a real life threat, That is Global Warming, However, The movies version of global warming was speeded up for the entertainment value of the film, Since in real life, Global warming is happening very slowly, But the events despicted in the film might actually happen if all the things in the weather starts to shift.
_Nut_
Im a meteorologist (B.S.) and going for a masters in Climatology at one of three schools in the fall. (I havent decided which) But as JP stated it is left wing. Im not even going to try and counter a global climate regime change in 24 hours b/c it could never happen. Never-the-less I will go and watch it for entertainment purposes and remember this is only Hollywood.

I wonder if this will get more people into climatology. Similar to twister boosting the meteorological field. I'll review it after tomorrow when i see it.
occrider
quote:
Originally posted by _Nut_
Im a meteorologist (B.S.) and going for a masters in Climatology at one of three schools in the fall. (I havent decided which) But as JP stated it is left wing. Im not even going to try and counter a global climate regime change in 24 hours b/c it could never happen. Never-the-less I will go and watch it for entertainment purposes and remember this is only Hollywood.

I wonder if this will get more people into climatology. Similar to twister boosting the meteorological field. I'll revier it after tomorrow when i see it.

More or less what scientists are saying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3707873.stm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinio...-michaels_x.htm
_Nut_
quote:
Originally posted by occrider
More or less what scientists are saying.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3707873.stm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinio...-michaels_x.htm

Not to lecture anyone but the oceans as a whole store too much energy. if the sun burnt out today, the energy within the ocean (its heat) would keep the atmosphere similar to how it is for many months with a gradual decrease in temp and climate. but again tomorrow I will give my run down of it. I dont know if it is suppost to take place over one day or many months (the movie)
fbgdavidson
quote:
Originally posted by TigerClaw
One thing to remember is the movie is about a real life threat, That is Global Warming, However, The movies version of global warming was speeded up for the entertainment value of the film, Since in real life, Global warming is happening very slowly, But the events despicted in the film might actually happen if all the things in the weather starts to shift.

Any insomniacs out there?

I could post about Late Quaternary environmental change and the complexities of the climate change and how it is possible that we are on the brink of falling into another Ice Age but I'd hate to bore you guys.......my University lecturers have bored me enough with it

Just read that BBC article, and its a remarkably simplified version of the course I've just been studying for the last 6months.....thats quite scary :nervous:

Lira
Although some tunes from Day After Tomorrow are a bit boring, I liked their last album. The synths used set a nice mood, the lyrics are very deep and the singer's got a wonderful voice... not to mention she's got style, as you can see in the pictures from their live tour.

7/10 (I still like DAI more than DAT :D)
_Nut_
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Although some tunes from Day After Tomorrow are a bit boring, I liked their last album. The synths used set a nice mood, the lyrics are very deep and the singer's got a wonderful voice... not to mention she's got style, as you can see in the pictures from their live tour.

7/10 (I still like DAI more than DAT :D)

Why am i not seeing a connection with what you posted and the movie we are talking about.....

miss-informed?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement