return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
DJs turned A-holes
View this Thread in Original format
PVD & T[]C
Who is a DJ that let fame turn them into a prick?

on the contrary, who is a famous DJ who is like the nicest m/fer on the face of the planet.

i heard on some post someplace here that oakenfold is a dick but i dont know why...
trancebrat
quote:
Originally posted by PVD & T[]C
Who is a DJ that let fame turn them into a prick?

on the contrary, who is a famous DJ who is like the nicest m/fer on the face of the planet.

i heard on some post someplace here that oakenfold is a dick but i dont know why...

Ferry Corsten and Armin van Buuren are both really down to earth and nice. They will come to TA dinners and get togethers...including parties at hotels and house parties. Ferry makes himself available to his fans. He treats people like people...not fans. I believe Armin is the same way. ;) Paul van Dyk...other people talk about him, but I have hung out with him and he is very down to earth and made himself more than available to the people that were waiting/wanting to meet him.
SlickT
Ferry is definately a nice guy,will sign stuff while he's behind the decks. the times i've seen tiesto and pvd they've hung around signing autographs and taking pics.
tu_face
scott bond is a sound lad

as someone already mentioned, armin is also a nice guy, really gets into the spirit of things. i remember one xmas party at gatecrasher, the theme of the party was a hat party.. we got the poor guy wearing about 6 hats, but he was loving it! he was disturbed when his hat record was broken by my mate, who got 9 hats on.....

judge jules is an utter cock. one day i hope to twat him with a pan. the cheeky bastard doesnt even know how to say "excuse me"!
Shizane2002
I hate to bust on my fav dj...but didnt Tiesto get REALLY pissed at a Gatecrasher event a while back because of ty equipment?

Im not to clear on the details...
Floorfiller
Dave Ralph is supposed to be a cock...never met him though...
aspergian
quote:
Originally posted by trancebrat
Ferry Corsten and Armin van Buuren are both really down to earth and nice. They will come to TA dinners and get togethers...including parties at hotels and house parties. Ferry makes himself available to his fans. He treats people like people...not fans. I believe Armin is the same way. ;) Paul van Dyk...other people talk about him, but I have hung out with him and he is very down to earth and made himself more than available to the people that were waiting/wanting to meet him.

Do you consider there to be a big disparity between "fans" and "people"? I'm confused sometimes because I don't attach negative connotations to "fans" myself -- I think it quite a cute term, and I go by the dictionary definition. So, simply being an ardent, enthused follower of something makes me a fan. And yet some people make it out to be such a dirty word. "Fans are people too?" LOL. I guess maybe some of the negativity comes from when some mega-celebrity treats fellow humans as lower life forms. :(

I really, really admire artists who are very talented but nice people too. Somehow, it seems oddly incompatible and rare (i.e. the musical genius who is coldly unapproachable and full of unkind words, yet composes some of the most beautiful soundtracks to life). I understand everyone has bad days, so it's important to look at a long-term picture of someone's behavior. I don't support ungrateful musicians.
tnt_
I've been around people organising parties for a while now and these are the opinions I gathered for various dj's

Sasha is the a-hole - thats impression I get from the things I hear. he's been very demanding lately, most expensive flights/hotels/food, picky about everything, gets pissed off very easily and stops playing. I believe this guy has been too long at the top and its time he gets reminded where he started from.

Tiesto is picky about equipment, they send guidelines about how the dj box setup should be and his marketing people want to see every single poster/flyer etc before it goes public. Other than that he's quite ok.

Armin Van Buuren - seems always in the mood while playing, don't have any backstage info but he will sign you an autograph or even talk to you while playing. Same goes for Ferry, although I've never talked to him.

John 00 Fleming, Michael Woods, Adam Sheridan, Matt Hardwick, Solar Stone, Above & Beyond, Tall Paul, Scott Bond - really nice guys, fun to chat with and make the least demands.
Mebot
George Acosta is an A-hole

but we all knew that anyways.....;)
Spad
Why do people keep saying what a sound guy Ferry is? I met him and he was an utter cock!

Picotto's easily the most down to earth DJ I've had dealings with.

DarkAngel
I wonder why no one's mentioned Oakenfold?

One word:

Primadonna.
Martin McG
quote:
Originally posted by Spad
Picotto's easily the most down to earth DJ I've had dealings with.

agreed, sound!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement