return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
would ritlin help me spin better?
View this Thread in Original format
hausmusic

anyone.. tried?
montie
can't say i've tried, but i'd assume anything that improves your concentration will help you spin better
can't say i'd recomend it either :)

i spin better after i've been drinking coffee
i got big pants
alcohol...simple
dinoXpress
quote:
Originally posted by i got big pants
alcohol...simple

in my experience, he is right

drunk/ed up on something DJ > Sober well to do dj

exceptions: Pvd.
Omega_Blue
ha omg you've gotta be kidding.

if you're gonna take some ADD medicine to help you concentrate.. use adderall. at least that's the real amphetamines.
djsphere
Wtf, drugs for DJing? Just practice, concentrate and you'll be fine.
rturn214
quote:
Originally posted by djsphere
Wtf, drugs for DJing? Just practice, concentrate and you'll be fine.

Agreed. I like to get ed up as much as the next guy, but I definitely find myself able to play around more when I'm sober.

Case in point, anyone who heard my set from 90fm Friday night would have heard an hour of great mixing (pats self on shoulder... well OK, maybe it was just good mixing, but it felt great to me) but then they heard two back to back trainwrecks just before the end of my set. It was as if you could hear my mixing getting looser and looser as I drank a little bit, and then all of a sudden I passed the point of no return and even though I was just a little buzzed, I was making mistakes I know I wouldn't make sober...

Plus dude, take my advice, amphetamines = bad news... Along with a high potential physical addiction (Consisting of muscle & stomach cramps, sweating, headache, & tremors) with prolonged use, the idea that any substance will make you perform any task better only reinforces addictive thinking and psychological addiction.

Sorry for the lecture, this is what I'm studying at University right now, and I'm definitely not the one to turn down party favors from time to time, but I think in some cases understanding the context people use/wish to use substances in is just as important as understanding what the substances they're taking do to them.

Peace, Cheers, & Party/Spin safe...
Tegu
quote:
Originally posted by hausmusic

i don't think so but controlled substances certainly do
Omega_Blue
quote:
Originally posted by Tegu
i don't think so but controlled substances certainly do

i'm pretty sure ritalin is a controlled substance.
rturn214
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
i'm pretty sure ritalin is a controlled substance.

+1, Schedule III I believe...

bass.exe
quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
ha omg you've gotta be kidding.

if you're gonna take some ADD medicine to help you concentrate.. use adderall. at least that's the real amphetamines.

+1 ritilin sucks... ive spun on aderall b4. it wont make u mix better at first but will help you keep your concentration if u are mixing long hours. BUT depends on the person.. I tend to get lazy about it after about 2 hrs....
i got big pants
I feel like when you spin ed up...your a lot more concentrated on the music, and depending on what you use...helps you spin. i like spinning trance when i used to roll just because as im coming up, i could totally play cheese with lots of buildups and classic anthems. however, my attention span is so short when im rolling that i'll transition into a song, get caught up in a conversation and next thing you know...no record after the last one. lol. but when im drunk...either uk hardhouse, or jungle...need something hard and fast to keep me going and get me pumped.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement