return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
my integrated sound card...
View this Thread in Original format
xstalkrx
My computer has an intergrated sound card. It DOES have a line in port. Can I record from my turntables with this computer?

My phono ports are used to go from my turntables to my mixer. What are the line ports used for? There are no cables connected in the back of my line ports.

My master output goes from mixer to receiver. There are no extra out ports.

What needs to happen in order for me to record? I only have one line in port on the back of my computer.
Orbital32
the answer is here:
http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...threadid=296939
xstalkrx
So since I only have one line in port...I will not be able to record a proper mix?

I would need a second sound card to do this?

If I buy the mini jack to RCA converter like you mentioned...it would seem to me that I could mix using both channels and be able to record a set?
SpecRadio
yes you can record a set from your turntables. I have one sound card and I do it almost daily.
Orbital32
you just need a RCA to mini jack adaptor. also a program to record.
xstalkrx
and i will need two of these....correct?

http://www.radioshack.com/images/Pr.../15/15-2473.jpg

I already get buzzing in speakers as is. where does the ground loop eliminator or whatever get put in?
Orbital32
yeah, but actuall you may need a female end RCA jacks depending on the cable you are using.
Orbital32
get the ground loop at car audio shop.
xstalkrx
im basically using that exact cable you see there.
xstalkrx
My receiver is currently set on "Auxilary". Will there be any need to change this setting while recording?

i hate electronics :/

so are there some nice laptops out there that have external sound cards to eliminate the need for this adapter bs?

sw1
quote:
Originally posted by xstalkrx
My computer has an intergrated sound card. It DOES have a line in port. Can I record from my turntables with this computer?

My phono ports are used to go from my turntables to my mixer. What are the line ports used for? There are no cables connected in the back of my line ports.

My master output goes from mixer to receiver. There are no extra out ports.

What needs to happen in order for me to record? I only have one line in port on the back of my computer.

Yes, but not directly.

The line-in ports are used for line-level equipment, like CD players and cassette players.

Turntable to mixer to computer and receiver, using 2 single-RCA-plug-to-dual-RCA-jack-Y-cables on the mixer, one for each channel to split the output on the mixer to the computer's line-in port and to the receiver's Aux-in port.
Radio Shack Y-cable here

Connect a ground loop isolator between the mixer and the computer, using the y-cables. The ground loop isolator from Radio Shack should come with the extra connectors you need for the computer's line-in port.
Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator with everything you need here

You need a recording program. One line-in port is all you need.
xstalkrx
quote:
Originally posted by sw1
Yes, but not directly.

The line-in ports are used for line-level equipment, like CD players and cassette players.

Turntable to mixer to computer and receiver, using 2 single-RCA-plug-to-dual-RCA-jack-Y-cables on the mixer, one for each channel to split the output on the mixer to the computer's line-in port and to the receiver's Aux-in port.
Radio Shack Y-cable here

Connect a ground loop isolator between the mixer and the computer, using the y-cables. The ground loop isolator from Radio Shack should come with the extra connectors you need for the computer's line-in port.
Radio Shack Ground Loop Isolator with everything you need here

You need a recording program. One line-in port is all you need.

one RCA cable cannot give me sound from both channgels on my mixer.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement