return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
REVIEW : Celebration 2006 @ Bell Centre
View this Thread in Original format
Munchy
I just got back from Celebration, so here's my CRAPPY UNEXPERIENCED REVIEW: I got there around 3:30 and left around 7 cause we were all getting dead tired. Lawler was spinning some crazy stuff and now I'm desperate for finding some sets of his (or after I wake up from my never-ending sleep).

We were in the VIP and all I got to say is that the girls up there were all 10 on 10. When I was tired, I'd just sit on a couch and watch all the amazing girls go by!

Anyways, if you were up there, I was the one wearing a black/red hoody and ripped up light coloured jeans with paint all over them :toothless

P.S. Recommend me Lawler sets to listen to, I loved the tribal/beat influenced/prog house or WHATEVER he was playing tonight/last night!
SpoutnicK
First Rave since Celebration 2003

To be Honest...... I am disapointed.

So lucky i had my lights, this is what kept me dancing.

Nothing anymore from the old good time , everything changed, Music, People, Ambiance.......

I belive this is was my last one ever.

Byebyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye
lokust
Ok So I didnt get there in time for OAKENFOLD cause he had the stupidest time slot to spin, and besides I saw him at MILLENIUM 3 some years ago and was not impressed at all.

I get there around 3 am, no line up , GREAT!.

Get in find my friends and let the party begin. WRONG!!!!!!!.

Music was so so. I got a weird vibe from the people. Maybe girls were smoking in da VIP but on the regular dance floor, Id give them 6 on 10.
I must admit the light show was pretty cool but other than that not worth 125$ or even 100$ for that matter.
Celebration isnt how it used to be, its played out.

I knew I should have gone with my instinct and hit RED LITE. AVB all the way!
habsfan
I have to agree with Lokust on this one. Although Oakenfold performed better than expected, Lawler was a dissapointment. His set seemed too repetitive and lacked the dark, bad-ass attitude that I need to get moving. The crowd also seemed a little sketch at Celebration....not the usual vibe. On a plus side, the light show was pretty cool but that's about it.

Should have gone to Red-Lite for AVB.
dartrance
oakenfold was awesome i thought.

Lawler bored me to death as expected. I'm sorry but even for prog that was complete . I hate that tribal trash. They should of had sander or max graham instead who can at least play some diversity.

The vibe was a bit sketchy but i thought they did a great job on the setup.

I wonder how armin was. Seemed that the people i talked to a lot of them are kicking themselfes for not going to see him who stayed at celebration.
Orko
It was interesting for somebody like me who had never partied in Montreal before.

I got there around 9, and found some random people and chilled with them for a good portion of the night.

Sean Miller was awesome! He really did a good job with the time slot he had, and I just felt bad for him because nobody was on the floor.

Oakenfold (the reason I even went) was a huge disappointment. He started with "The World is Mine", and I really thought we were in for something different(good). The entire set felt really uninspired, like he wasn't into it. I didn't hear any of the characteristic oakey marks, like well timed mixes(points in a song), volume adjustments for the crowd, or strong finish. I must say, I will never see him in Montreal again, only TO from now on. I am a HUGE fan and now I am sad :(

Played:
"The World is Mine"
ABV - "Zocallo"
Solarstone - "Seven Cities"
Three Drives - "Greece 2005"
At Midnight: U2 - New Years Day
Oakenfold - Souther Sun
Tiesto - Traffic

Fabi was ok, not great.

Lawler, my first time seeing him, was good but repetitive.

The people I partied with, were awesome. I know there was on TA in there, Mike...(that could be anybody. I was the lone Toronto guy who bussed it up by myself.

The overall vibe was very lacking. It just did not feel like the entire crowd was in the same place. People were very nice and friendly, but it seemed like everybody was having their own smaller parties.

Security was great, very friendly, polite, and just stayed away.

I loved the amount of seating that was available, it was perfect for just chillin.

Over all, a so so night. Although I am very glad I came for the experience. Montreal I will be back.:thepirate
BlueEyes77
Hey Everyone
Just got back home to Ontario. Didnt meet up with any TAs from Montreal But still had a wicked time other then the fact that people wouldnt talk to us because we didnt know french and would snub us and walk away other then that YA it kicked ass there. There were some great beats played hope u all had fun and i will be back.

P.S Sorry i didnt get to meet any of u guys there
malek
yeah orko, the crowd didn't act as one like "trance" parties... its the usual house crowd, people party together and don't look at the dj. If you wanted that, you should've head to redlite.

plus the place was so huge with not a single dj stealing the show, it was really difficult to polarize the crowd.

Lippé really surprised me, really good in my opinion.
tonybologna
quote:
Originally posted by BlueEyes77
Hey Everyone
Just got back home to Ontario. Didnt meet up with any TAs from Montreal But still had a wicked time other then the fact that people wouldnt talk to us because we didnt know french and would snub us and walk away other then that YA it kicked ass there. There were some great beats played hope u all had fun and i will be back.

P.S Sorry i didnt get to meet any of u guys there

Sorry to say this but its pretty much like that everywhere here- very difficult to socialize if you don't know french. People stay in their groups of 3 or 4 and don't take any initiative to talk to you. Much different than the Guvernment or Boas or the Zone where people just come up to you and start conversations.
The DJs, venues, and music are all dope top notch.

Regarding Lippe, he has outdone himself last two times at stereobar. I'll be looking for his next gig.
malek
quote:
Originally posted by tonybologna
Sorry to say this but its pretty much like that everywhere here- very difficult to socialize if you don't know french. People stay in their groups of 3 or 4 and don't take any initiative to talk to you. Much different than the Guvernment or Boas or the Zone where people just come up to you and start conversations.
The DJs, venues, and music are all dope top notch.

Regarding Lippe, he has outdone himself last two times at stereobar. I'll be looking for his next gig.

what do you expect, people talk french because they're french, you're in Montréal not New York or London. Let's not turn this into a language debate because this has nothing to do with the party. I seriously hope you guys don't expect people to speak English because you speak it...:rolleyes:

People are always sociable in the language both parties know... plus lets not start the "starting conversation on the dance floor" discussion, because it'll change my mood from "tired happy" to "tired mad" :p.

BlueEyes77
I was not trying to turn it into a debate at all i do speak a little french my hole family is from there its just when u ask someone to speak slower and they get mad at ya for what do ya do
Owell i had fun with the people i was with and thats all that matters if they dont like us because not all of us understand they are the ones missing out
malek
i know you didn't, but tonybologna sounded like he lacked common sense.

its all good :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Privacy Statement