return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
this "electro-house" thing... TA thoughts!?!
View this Thread in Original format
SgtFoo
I've noticed quite vividly how the electro-house style has engrained itself into the nightclub scene in the past few months. Aside from my own ideas about it all, what are you thoughts???

some things I wonder::
-where did it come from?
-why did it emerge?
-who do you think brought it on?
-why is it so big lately?
-what's next?
-whom whould have thunket????
-is this only a local thing?

I just find it incredible, that so many clubbers and DJs haven't seen this stuff as valuable house music in the first place. It did exist before, but in less quantity, and fewer have embraced it as much as now. Examples of such tracks that come to mind to reflect this genre could be....
DJ Jose - Steppin' to the Beat (Dave Mcdonald remix)
MV vs Hanna - Mr Roboto (Stef Vrolijk remix)
Sander K - The Fruit (Tom Novy remixes)
Acquaviva & Luetzenkirchen - Zombie (Aquachop remix)
Yoshimoto - Du What U Du (Trentemoller Mix)
John Dahlback - Nothing Is For Real (Mark Knight Remix)
Luke Walker - Alias

..and the list goes on..

Honestly, I love the stuff, simply cuz I find it more groovy and thus it gets me moving more so than typical dry house music does.
Don't get me wrong, I would much rather hear and DJ trance and progressive over anything else, but the electro-house is really kickin lately!!

I think the influences are a combination of 80s/early90s percussion and video-game sampled distortions and modern progressive house getting jolted by it all, and melding into a pot of dancefloor hammering tracks.
DJ_Ampz
^aren

Your a step behind. Lol. Electro has been hot for about 4 months now. Its starting to die out thought.

Fad...fad....fad. Well see what's next

Before it was Remakes, Then Rock House, Then Progressive.

Ampz
NuERA
dirty prog. vote NuEra for all your late night dark dirty prog needs.
SgtFoo
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ampz
^aren

Your a step behind. Lol. Electro has been hot for about 4 months now. Its starting to die out though.

Fad...fad....fad. Well see what's next

Before it was Remakes, Then Rock House, Then Progressive.

Ampz

I wasn't asking for your comment on whether or not I'm a step behind or not. I'm quite VERY aware of it's existence. I wouldn't say it's dying out though.
I was looking for a more elaborate reply, which in turn could go into a guess on the next best thing, etc, etc, etc.
iLL
Three Words.

SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA
milos
you just opened up a big can of worms lol
Skipper
I don't think it's as much of a trend as people say it is. I think it's DJs and producers wanting to cross the boundaries of genres - you see traditionally harder tech DJs playing Nathan Fake and trentemoller and Tiga and Dahlback remixes, and then house DJs are playing the exact same records!

There's a lot of really really electro house out there, but there's also a lot of quality. Obviously I enjoy more of the darker stuff, the darker tech house rather than fluffy electro house stuff, but overall it's pleasing to me to be able to go out and hear a house DJ drop some harder beats.
chinamon
i <3 electro
kabelicious
Keith and I <3 electro. :)
Ablefunk
Electro has been around for ages, and has been hot for a lot more than 4 months. In the GTA, its started to gain more playtime and popularity since the summer. However, this edgey hard sound has been exploding in Europe, and more specifically in Ibiza for the past 3-4 years. Take for example the club DC-10, with its circo loco parties. The parties, and the dj's that spin at them throw hard, dark, and dirty electro beats atcha all day. They're sound and many like them (Loco Dice, Tania Vulcano, DJ Hell, etc, etc.) is what a lot of dj's and partgoers are kind of moving a bit of their sound to. Take for example the new sound of misstress barbara. Anywho, all I think is that this isn't some new music trend, or fad. Its here to stay, and is appreciated by those with a mature electronic ear.

Ablefunk

jon jon
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ampz
Your a step behind. Lol. Electro has been hot for about 4 months now.

I have friends who say it came and went two years ago. LMAO
infinity HiGH
quote:
Originally posted by SgtFoo
dry house music

whats dry house?

is it like 99% of trance these days? ;)

and electro has been huge a long time ago; with this "new" electro-influenced house coming into popularity about a year and a half ago. Hopefully it'll be dying off soon cause I'm really getting tired of every single dj playing those same raw, dirty, bleepy basslines.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement