return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Do your friends and family think your crazy for the amount of money dropped into DJin
View this Thread in Original format
kimchi
hahah long title i know, but anyways, do your friends and family think your crazy? my friends think its the biggest waste of money and always say stupid things. my mom flipped out when she saw how much it cost me for my xone 92. whats your experience with people who just don't understand spinning.
Mr.Mystery
Not really, no. My dad is an even bigger music junkie than me. It's in the blood.
sr126
my parents gave up on me years ago. other people think i'm loaded w/all kinds of cash or something...

no one really thinks very much if you lower your car, and throw some rims on it... build a dj set up, and people think you're nuts. i think it's because they belive you just dropped a wad of cash and walked out of the store w/ all kinds of gear and shinney new vinyl collection all in one shot.

i think it's hard for most outsiders to wrap their had around the fact that it most of us cobbled our set up little by little, and or by using hand me downs.

every once in a while pick someone up off the floor when i tell them that vinyl is still in production.
J:\Digital
Nope..
DJ Elf
Like hell, some of my friends tells me sometimes to sell all my DJ equipments, but if I do, I'm sure I will buy a pair of techs and buy vinyls again becouse I love music too much to give it up
mzvirbulis
same can apply to above reply's, my parents and that dont care! they know i love it alot and i dont blow my money on crap things.

tell your Fing friends to go and buy a crappy little gemini mixer and some belt drive TT's and then see why you spend that money!:eyes: :disbelief
honestly its better than pissing it up against the wall on grog like they ing do to get stoned:stongue:

all that matters is as long as you love it still.
Trance Nutter
No.

My Dad's hobby is restoring a car.
My brother's hobby is building a plane.
My hobby is djing.

I'm actually the cheapest of the lot:p
DJ 00 Tommy
People always wonder where i get the money since im only 15. Not many have realised i dont eat out much, i borrow most my cloths from my brother and work an extra shift atleast once a week.
I get cut when people are like "Did you mummi and daddi buy this for you?" I want to rip there throats out.
Anyways... My gf is one of the few people who realises and is happy because she understands how much i love the music but then again is just unhappy coz iv had the same shoes for the last 2 yrs (thats just one example)

Haha im so cheap!

Edit: Some sp fixed
skip
lol! none of my friends/family really understand me. i asked my girlfriend what she thought about if i ordered a new mixer because i wasn't happy with my old one. she told me i was crazy and ranted about it for a while. i ordered it anyway.:D she didn't really say anything to that though. and i remember when i was getting my first dj gear. neither my mom, my dad or my girlfriend supported me one bit. they all thought i was ing out of my mind. i didn't care though, i just went ahead and ordered it when i had the money. and most my friends think i'm crazy for putting money into something like this. "you can't even make any music with these? you just play songs after one another? what's so great about that? why would you need all this expensive equipment to do it? i can do the same thing in winamp! etc. etc." and my setup is cheap compared to most setups here. vestax pcv-175 with the rotary kit, 2x cdj-100s' and sennheiser hd-280pro. so yeah, no one understands me at all.
and it's the same thing about CDs. i've got around 950 CDs atm and people ask me why on earth do i buy music when i could just download it all for free. :wtf:
they just don't get it, but i'm fine with that. :o

edit: and now i've been thinking of upgrading my cdjs for a while. i might go for the cdj-200s or the denon dn-s3500's. dunno which ones yet and i dunno if i'll really do it. really depends on the money i'll be getting from my summer job. but i haven't mentioned anything about this to anyone so far and i don't think i will until i've placed my order! :D
blacknoizybox
quote:
Originally posted by DJ 00 Tommy
People always wonder where i get the money since im only 15. Not many have realised i dont eat out much, i borrow most my cloths from my brother and work an extra shift atleast once a week.
I get cut when people are like "Did you mummi and daddi buy this for you?" I want to rip there throats out.
Anyways... My gf is one of the few people who realises and is happy because she understands how much i love the music but then again is just unhappy coz iv had the same shoes for the last 2 yrs (thats just one example)

Haha im so cheap!

Edit: Some sp fixed

^^^ words of a true music-lover
im only getting my TTs and SSL around June/July, but ive already made a disclosure of the prices. I said to my grandpa that the "vinyl player" costs around 600 $ and he just laughed. but most ppl get that confusing look when they hear that headphone can cost 170 $ (dj1210)

p.s. GREAT avatar :D :D :D :D

|E
Only my Djing and music mates understand, my family aren't very supportive of it, though i find mum dancing around to the music quite a bit :p My bro thinks its a complete waste of time. Cant wait to drop $4000 on a xone 3D, $3500 on an iMac and $1000 on monitors, that should make em happy :D
Basstard
all my parents said is "you better be in good at what you do wee lad" :stongue:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement