return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
the denon dn-s3500 thread
View this Thread in Original format
skip
i've been trying to find info on this player, but it's nowhere to be found really, other than the denon site, but that's not what i'm looking for. and i did search, with TA search and google, so stfu about reposting this, cuz nothing was found! :o
so this thread shall be the official denon dn-s3500 thread from now on.

anyway, does anyone have this player or has played with one? how does it compare to the cdj-1000? does it have a waveform display? is it easy to use? does it have some stupid functions that distract you or some stupid design flaws etc?
i know it's a lot cheaper than the cdj-1000 and probably not as good, but i'd like to know the main differences between the two. i know the denon has a spinning platter, but i don't know if it'll be useful at all really.
i'm thinking of buying a pair of these during the summer maybe or then save some money and get a pair of cdj-200's or maybe even 3 and not save any money at all! ;)

all info you have on this is appreciated. :)
SgtFoo
a plethora of info about this can be found in the denondjforums... www.denondjforums.com

do your homework on the piece before asking all the questions that can be found in the item's feature/spec sheet, from denondj.com.
skip
quote:
Originally posted by SgtFoo
a plethora of info about this can be found in the denondjforums... www.denondjforums.com

do your homework on the piece before asking all the questions that can be found in the item's feature/spec sheet, from denondj.com.

i checked the manual, it only answered one question, it doesn't have a waveform display. and i'm not interested in the denondj forums as they're "a bit" partial. i want honest opinions here.
djkoolaide
quote:
Originally posted by skip
i've been trying to find info on this player, but it's nowhere to be found really, other than the denon site, but that's not what i'm looking for. and i did search, with TA search and google, so stfu about reposting this, cuz nothing was found! :o
so this thread shall be the official denon dn-s3500 thread from now on.

anyway, does anyone have this player or has played with one? how does it compare to the cdj-1000? does it have a waveform display? is it easy to use? does it have some stupid functions that distract you or some stupid design flaws etc?
i know it's a lot cheaper than the cdj-1000 and probably not as good, but i'd like to know the main differences between the two. i know the denon has a spinning platter, but i don't know if it'll be useful at all really.
i'm thinking of buying a pair of these during the summer maybe or then save some money and get a pair of cdj-200's or maybe even 3 and not save any money at all! ;)

all info you have on this is appreciated. :)

i'll try to answer what i can, as i've played on dn-s3500, and cdj1000mk2. just to let you know, i'm very close to buying a pair of 3500's--they're the best cdj's i've ever used!

no it does not have a waveform display.
yes it's easy to use, just takes a bit to become familiar with where all the buttons are and how to use effects/special features properly (of course, it's like that no matter what piece of equipment you buy).
the features don't distract you if you don't want them to, but they are extremely functional if you do decide to use them.
only true flaw that i found was when they first came out, they had a problem with the cue slipping, but that's all been fixed with new firmware.
don't let the price fool you; this is just as good, if not better, than a cdj1000. CDJ1000's are overpriced just because they can be (it's the industry standard, so that's the only downside--if you buy a pair of 3500s, you'll go to the club and not know how to use a 1000).

but honestly, these are much more fun to mix on (imo) than 1000's and they are just as good. 0.02% pitch, motorized platter, onboard efx, mp3 support (yeah the mk3 supports mp3 but unless you wanna spend over 3 grand, forget it), and a nice small formfactor is a huge plus as well!

let me know if you have any other questions :cool:
skip
quote:
Originally posted by djkoolaide
i'll try to answer what i can, as i've played on dn-s3500, and cdj1000mk2. just to let you know, i'm very close to buying a pair of 3500's--they're the best cdj's i've ever used!

no it does not have a waveform display.
yes it's easy to use, just takes a bit to become familiar with where all the buttons are and how to use effects/special features properly (of course, it's like that no matter what piece of equipment you buy).
the features don't distract you if you don't want them to, but they are extremely functional if you do decide to use them.
only true flaw that i found was when they first came out, they had a problem with the cue slipping, but that's all been fixed with new firmware.
don't let the price fool you; this is just as good, if not better, than a cdj1000. CDJ1000's are overpriced just because they can be (it's the industry standard, so that's the only downside--if you buy a pair of 3500s, you'll go to the club and not know how to use a 1000).

but honestly, these are much more fun to mix on (imo) than 1000's and they are just as good. 0.02% pitch, motorized platter, onboard efx, mp3 support (yeah the mk3 supports mp3 but unless you wanna spend over 3 grand, forget it), and a nice small formfactor is a huge plus as well!

let me know if you have any other questions :cool:

thanks mate! sounds great. i dunno if i'm ready to put so much money into cd-players though, as my cdj-100s' are working fine and it'd be hard as to sell them i think, so i'll have to see what i'll do, but if i'm able to sell my cdj-100s' then maybe i'd go for these. but then i'm thinking that why should i get these instead of the cdj-200s'? are the fancy functions really that useful to justify the difference in price?
and i do have a question about the looping? how does it work? does it automatically loop a section for you that won't get out of sync or how does it work? i dunno how the looping in the cdj-200s works either, but i really could find use for some simple looping function.
funaki
i have played on both 1000 and 3500..and i bought myself 3500 because of their price and they can do a lot more. Out of the Box these players look bloody sexy.Comes in silver Finishing and you can see its built like a tank. Lot of functions. spinning platter etc.

As for looping you have to set it manually Hit A1 or A2 and then B button.after it is done it will start looping you can modify the B Point by Trim Button.

Overall its a great player. The firmware upgrades from denon actually fix problems and introduces new features. give it a try at some store and see if you like it. personally i am happy with them.

Cheers
Psiweaver
was considering a few of these, makes me think even more strongly about them.
Axolotyl
Check out the Denon DJ forums as there were some issues with the fx on these players. I think it may have been resolved with updates though. I can attest for Denon build quality though, I owned a couple of 5000's and they were so rediculously solid.
funaki
trust me you wont regret buying them..the new update from denon allows you to Play effects while scratching..there is this problem with cue point slippage but i havent been able to fix it because i dont scratch much, but its being taken care of. On Denon DJ forums there is a video section where they have lot of videos of buyers like us messing around with their 3500. Watch some of those and you will get a good idea.
skip
what's the cheapest price anyone has seen this go for in EU? cheapest i can find is 795€, which is a lot more than what the yanks have to pay for it! :mad:

funaki
i bbought mine for 230 Dinars thats like 610 Dollars..try to import it it might still be cheaper after import.not sure if you guys have to pay tax or stuff coz we dont have to.
skip
we have to pay taxes so it's not very cheap to import one from outside EU. and then i'd have to get a transformer for it too as the voltages here are different than what they are in the USA. :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement