return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Da Vinci code
View this Thread in Original format
hardstyle
A Catholic group on Tuesday called on Christians to starve themselves to death in protest at the release of The Da Vinci Code at cinemas in India, as others burned copies of the novel.

What a is wrong with these people???
RapidFire
it just shows how insecure these people are about their beliefs. like a single FICTIONAL movie is going to destroy religion. dumbs.
igottaknow
the burning the book aint such a bad idea, but i'd do it for different reasons, the book is a overrated nytimes best seller crap. good ideas but reads like a b-rated action thriller screen play. kinda like watching a harry potter movie, entertaining but nothing to brag about.
Yan
SPOILERS (cuz I'm not totally a dick :p):

Enemy = Teabing

Descendants of Jesus = Sophie Neveu and her brother

There you go. I saved you all the trouble.
UWM
Yan, if I hadn't already read this book, I would be doing anything but brightening your day.
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Yan, if I hadn't already read this book, I would be doing anything but brightening your day.

:p

To be honest, anyone could have predicted both those things. It's too formulaic, storywise.
UWM
If you didn't know anything about the book before you started reading it you wouldn't know it!

Why does everyone hate on this book? Because it's not a 'hard read'? Because it's 'popular'? Sheesh. It's all for entertainment. Let it go!
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
If you didn't know anything about the book before you started reading it you wouldn't know it!

Why does everyone hate on this book? Because it's not a 'hard read'? Because it's 'popular'? Sheesh. It's all for entertainment. Let it go!

It's an above average book, in my opinion. Definitely love the style Dan Brown wrote in. Especially of note were the little bits of historical trivia (whether real or fake). Reading the book for the story is going to upset a few people, though.
Lepanto
Books aren't exectly meant to be dumb worthless uneducating pieces of like the Da Vinci Code.
UWM
Textbooks are meant to be educational. Fiction books are fiction. Get over yourself!

igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by Yan
SPOILERS (cuz I'm not totally a dick :p):

Enemy = Teabing

Descendants of Jesus = Sophie Neveu and her brother

There you go. I saved you all the trouble.

your post landed in the light gray so your spoiler wasnt hidden :eek:
igottaknow
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
Textbooks are meant to be educational. Fiction books are fiction. Get over yourself!
burn
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement