return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 
England - Trinidad & Tobago (June 15th 2006) [Group B] (pg. 7)
View this Thread in Original format
The_G0dfather
deserved win though
smallSHEEP
quote:
Originally posted by Michael19
Another muck performance from england. There going to get some hiding when they come up against a half decent team.

I think you're right, but England are around the same level as Sweden only with the ability to grind out results it seems, something that can't be underestimated.
stren
like i said, england had a shot

go soca warriors :D
Unique2701
Gerards goal was a beauty!
LuNaSeA
^+1

I felt terrible for TnT's 1 offside goal. they were visibly devastated of course and that was a completely genius goal, kick in with the heel!!! :crazy:

England played like crap, good god... :whip:

i forgot which player it was (lampard??) who made that WICKED save practically ON the goal line... that Has to be one of the top 10 moments of this year's tourney. WOW.

Props to TnT's defense..
MKII
quote:
Originally posted by Unique2701
Gerards goal was a beauty!

best thing on the whole game :rolleyes:
paranoik0
quote:
Originally posted by LuNaSeA
i forgot which player it was (lampard??) who made that WICKED save practically ON the goal line... that Has to be one of the top 10 moments of this year's tourney. WOW.

it was John Terry. i know, some people say he looks like Frank Lampard :wtf:
MKII
quote:
Originally posted by LuNaSeA

Terry's save, but top 10 moments? :rolleyes:
LuNaSeA
quote:
Originally posted by MKII
Terry's save, but top 10 moments? :rolleyes:

i thought the move in itself was genius. but we'll see when the games end. to each his own. :cool:
TranceGiant
German television just proved that Crouch's goal followed a clear foul and should not have counted: You can see how Crouch grabs that TT's defender's rasta hair and pulls them down as he jumps up for the header.

Cloud
Bad performance by England. Lampard missed a lot of chances, still the best player of the match imo. Crouch and Owen played really really bad today. Rooney shouldn't come in,too risky.

I guess england should stick with their midfielders if they want to pass the round of 16s and the quarter finals. Their attack is bad and unispiring.

T&T scored a nice goal which of caourse wasn't off-side and missed a very good chance in the first half. They can still qualify...eh?

...come on England! :(
Dj Smitty20
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
German television just proved that Crouch's goal followed a clear foul and should not have counted: You can see how Crouch grabs that TT's defender's rasta hair and pulls them down as he jumps up for the header.

I guess that one makes up for the non foul called on Terry against Portugal two years ago. "German television proved..." off.:rolleyes:

Anyway, absolute crap until Rooney and Lennon came on. Especially the latter, he made things happen on the right side. Crouch could have had at least two goals, especially that one earlier on. ANYBODY could have scored it! And Lampard is the most overrated ing player on England's squad, I'm so sick of him. He had 3 or 4 clear chances and couldn't pot one. Owen fuddled an easy chance too. Rooney will make the difference because he can at least finish.

Anyway, a lot of teams start slow. Italy won the World Cup in 1982 without even winning a game in the opening stages so this means nothing until we get to the Round of 16. England's defence has been solid and they're not going to give up goals easily.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 
Privacy Statement