return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Review: Tribe Hyper-Sidewalk
View this Thread in Original format
Sean Walsh
LOLOL?

What the was THAT?

So me and my girlfriend get there at around 10:15 and there's a solid lineup of about 50 people. The TA crew is out in full force and we join them in the line, all eager to see the man himself. Unfortunately for us, and the other 200+ people in the lineup that grew outside, the club apparently did not have their together in the ing slightest. Music wasn't even on until around 11:15 inside, at which point they started letting people in at a rate of about 1 person every 2 minutes. After it rained, and stopped, and then rained and stopped again, and finally rained again thereafter, we decided to ing leave along with another 150+ people outside who were obviously tired of being dicked around by incompetent management.

I'd just like to say how mothering choked I am right now. I've been looking forward to seeing Digweed for ing WEEKS, and was eagerly awaiting dropping hundreds of dollars at this establishment and having a great party.

I hope digweed enjoys playing for 25% of the audience he would have played for if these ing s had their together.

Seriously I'm so ing pissed off right now. I was really ing stoked for this place and the solid bookings they had, but atm I'd rather slit my own ing wrists than spend a dime at this bull establishment in the future.
Marcus007
Dude... I ing feel you... I'd be ign outraged too. Thank you for your heads up.

Not a good beginning...
moevalith
Ouch. Glad I stayned in!
Sorry to hear that for everyone who went!
Sean Walsh
quote:
Originally posted by LiGHT78
That in sucks man. I wonder what the solution is to this, if you're gonna have massive DJs like Digweed it's always gonna be a zoo at that place.

That's the thing though, it wasn't a zoo. Not that I have any ing idea how large the place was inside, but I could have fit most of the people outside in my condo. It definitely was NOT an issue of the place being overcrowded, they simply were not letting people into the ing club. There were literally a maximum of 100 people that got into the place by the time I left (so few people got in that it would have been trivial to even count them), at which point over 50% of the people outside left. Like I said I got there at 10:15, and by 11 there were hundreds of people outside behind me. By 12:15, same place in the ing line, about 20 people behind me. They seriously ed this up, and are going to have to something real special if they want their potential clientele back.

And while I appreciated the gesture, pouring a token bottle of vodka down people's throats outside won't cut it. Thanks for that though anyways :toothless
Me]-[eR
I've been looking forward to this as well and part of me would still want to go and wait in the line (or arc) to get inside to see Digweed. It is a huge letdown. The line decimated at 12 30 and I don't know if even Digweed showed up (or would have liked to show up).

What could go wrong? Why did this happen? People were waiting for nearly 3 hours in the line just to hear the phrase,'it won't be long' repeated to them a million times. I hope it's as much a disappointment for the organization committee as it is for the people who left. You guys have all the big guns lined up for the future. But you just screwed up your first night for me.
Piett
I know there is anothere thread about this already but what they did tonight is ing outragiouse.
I know that myself and MANY other TAs never intend to spend another dime in this hole.
Congradulations you tards for ruining potentially the best EDM night of the year.
Letting us wait outside for 2 and a half hours as the bouncers repeat "10 minuts everyone" to the agrivated crowd is pathetic.
And when you do start letting ppl in at 12:30!! you let only the people that are willing to pay 400$ for a bottle.
The people that have been in ligne since 9:45 are not even concidered.
After tolerating the rude bouncers long enough most of the TAs decided to leave, beeing fed up of the constant bull .

At least 60% of your target audience left b4 getting anywhere neer the door, I hope you had fun explaining to Digweed why he played to a room populated by 30 high rollers sitting down drinking bottles, thats if he even made it.

Taha, deleat this thread if necessary but people need to hear how much of a desaster this night was when it could have easily been the night of the year.

Get your together, your gonna give Mtl a bad name!

*Feel free to rant here as i have done*

grrrr soooo angry :mad:
Piett
Congradulations Tribe for beeing the worst club in Mtl, and thats hard with Aria on life support. :rolleyes:
Seriously, you guys.
Hemmy
That blows guys.

I was debating on heading out there tonight, but I had a feeling I would end up waiting outside for hours.
Alex
Here's my review of the night, wont go into too much detail.

Waiting outside for 3 hours sucked total cock, way to be Tribe letting people just showing up at 12:30 in before us diehards because they were buying $200 bottles, wow.

Also I hope some of the bouncers and Tribe staff read this, YOU ARE ALL ING PRICKS, every staff member I had the misfourtune of speaking to was a total nob.

The vibe was HORRID, some sort of fight broke out apparently and many minor pushing/yelling things were going on left right and center. The lights even had to stay on for a good 20 minutes because of an "incident".

Also there was no coatcheck, there was by far the BIGGEST BITCH IN THE UNIVERSE IN THE BOOTH THAT AFTER 2 HOURS TOLD ME "YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO BE UP HERE, GO DOWNSTAIRS". Thanks lady, I hear she pulls that at other clubs too, get bent bitch. (No offense if she's a friend of yours Maher, but she needs an attitude adjustment especially after she asked me literally 400 times for a cigarette throughout the night). And ya, wanted to get something signed but the guy I asked was just like "No", thanks bud.

ONTOP OF ALL THAT 90% OF MY FRIENDS NEVER MADE IT INTO THE CLUB. Guys I dont blame you, the conditions were HORRENDOUS, and Im sorry you all god fed up and left, but I understand completely.

DESPITE ALL THAT BULL, I HAD A ING BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digweed started the night with some bangin techy ch00ns and eased his way into more proggy stuff with badass breakdowns, monstrous buildups and best of all ABSOLUTELY NO TRACKS WERE PLAYED FROM HIS TRANSITIONS ALBUM. He drew the line between his album and his livesets, and it couldnt have been drawn more thickly. POUNDING basslines, awesome classic tracks were tossed in at the end, and kudos above all to the fact that he wanted to keep playing, I saw him over and over again saying "just one more just one more". Respect to Digweed, utter beast.

Got to talk to him at the end, very nice guy, Erika squeezed in a picture with him and got her purse signed, lawlz.

Conclusion:

I will never step foot inside that club again, UNLESS, Sasha is booked. The place can honestly go straight down the crapper for all I care now, even with all the intense bookings they've been dishing out.

Super Aqua Tribe Club BLOWS.
Neo Hacker
wow...I'm sorry about it man :(

I know that many if you have been waiting for Digweed for a long time...

And now Sander K is going @ Tribe:confused:

Enjoy
Never again.

That is all.

PS. Digweed pwnzed.

PS#2. "Show up early, like 8PM." Yeah, lol.

habsfan
We got there at 10pm and waited until 11:20pm. Nothing moved. The bouncer kept saying "10 more minutes and we'll open up". Fukin bull! We went to W instead, then Thursdays, then Downtown where my buddy picked up a stripper, then McDonald's where we saw several fights and one black guy crying like a bitch when the cops busted him.

Overall, entertaining night thanks to the incompetence of Tribe!

The last time I waited for 80 minutes was for Cream 2001 at Jarry Park because there were like 5 bouncers searching 8000 people head to toe. I'm not sure if I'll go back to Tribe again.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 
Privacy Statement