return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
How much do you get paid to DJ?
View this Thread in Original format
discobiscuit
Hey guys, i have been djing in bars for about 6 months... i have 3 gigs a week that each pay 100 a night (wed, fri, and sat). i mean that comes out to be more than 15,000 a year (not bad for a side job/hobby). one club occasionaly has me in and they pay 400 a night. I would make a little more on wednesdays if i had my own speakers/amps, but i use another dj's (the big dog in town). he makes 250 a night during week days and 800 a night on weekends. i work for a cheep ass on fridays and saturdays and he has a sound system in his bar that i just plug my tt's into. anyway, i was planning on getting my own speakers/amps eventually and going around to the bars to see if i could get two more nights a week so i'll have 5 nights every week. i was wondering how much to ask for (flat fee, % of the door, etc..).

how much do you guys make when you dj (4 hour set)and please let me know the city you're from (the cost of living here is very low so im sure id make more in a big city). i'm from altoona, pa

thanks
bisco
discobiscuit
boards are inactive tonght... not 1 reply :(
Orbital32
well first search. they you will find out that most people belive its disrepectful to talk about that on a forum.
nchs09
i dont pay myself to play in my own room to the audience of myself.
discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by Orbital32
well first search. they you will find out that most people belive its disrepectful to talk about that on a forum.

well first learn how to use proper grammar, they you will not sound like a retard...
discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by Orbital32

i searched... no relevant results... let's get back on topic ~ how much do you guys get paid to dj?
Abhay
wow man,

where do u play... i've never heard of aloona, PA...

i'm moving there....
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
well first learn how to use proper grammar, they you will not sound like a retard...

Maybe you should try that as well.
Abhay
quote:
Originally posted by discobiscuit
Hey guys, i have been djing in bars for about 6 months... i have 3 gigs a week that each pay 100 a night (wed, fri, and sat). i mean that comes out to be more than 15,000 a year (not bad for a side job/hobby). one club occasionaly has me in and they pay 400 a night. I would make a little more on wednesdays if i had my own speakers/amps, but i use another dj's (the big dog in town). he makes 250 a night during week days and 800 a night on weekends. i work for a cheep ass on fridays and saturdays and he has a sound system in his bar that i just plug my tt's into. anyway, i was planning on getting my own speakers/amps eventually and going around to the bars to see if i could get two more nights a week so i'll have 5 nights every week. i was wondering how much to ask for (flat fee, % of the door, etc..).

how much do you guys make when you dj (4 hour set)and please let me know the city you're from (the cost of living here is very low so im sure id make more in a big city). i'm from altoona, pa

thanks
bisco

so the work u do in bars... do u bring in ur own stuff and DJ for them, do you?
discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Maybe you should try that as well.

lol that went wayyy over your head!

discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by Abhay
wow man,

where do u play... i've never heard of aloona, PA...

i'm moving there....

its in central pa... one of the bigger cities (in the top 5) in pa.
discobiscuit
quote:
Originally posted by Abhay
so the work u do in bars... do u bring in ur own stuff and DJ for them, do you?

well technically its a club on fri. and sat. but yeah is that hard to believe?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement