return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Wine Appreciation Thread
View this Thread in Original format
dj_bas
I didn't start getting into wine until Bunny and I started dating. Now we try a different bottle (sometimes two) every week or so. Wine rocks! We have come to the conclusion that any bottle with some kind of animal on it is fantastic, I strongly recommend it. Also, there's a box of wine in the fridge, I lol'd at that. Boxes of wine will last a good 2 weeks and still taste fresh :wtf:
EXTREMUM
Macari Alexandria 2000...
Marc Summers
who bunny
Ygrene
My wife and I do about the same thing; a bottle every two weeks or so. I appreciate wine but, I'm not a connoisseur. I know whether I like it or don't like it and that's about it.

There is one brand that my wife brought home that had a nice buttery aftertaste. It was a white wine and I cannot remember the brand, which is a shame because it's probably the wine I have enjoyed the most.
pvdAngel
Sunsnail's homemade wine seemed fun.
Groundhog Boy
My wine rack never has less than 10 bottles to choose from. I usually try to pick up 6-12 bottles when I make a big liquor store run.

I'm a big Rhone valley fan when it comes to reds, Rieslings and Sauvignon Blancs for whites, depending on if it's for drinking alone or with meals.

quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
There is one brand that my wife brought home that had a nice buttery aftertaste. It was a white wine and I cannot remember the brand, which is a shame because it's probably the wine I have enjoyed the most.

It was probably a Chardonnay if it was buttery.
Vlad
I love wine, but I dont drink it enough to have a favorite amoungst a bunch.
Yan
White wine = Meh.
Ygrene
quote:
Originally posted by Groundhog Boy

It was probably a Chardonnay if it was buttery.

Thank you. I will definitely try some more Chardonnay's!
kabelicious
Riseling is the .

I went to Napa Vally thinking I liked red, found out I am a sucker for Reisling. :)

And I love mead. They might not have the best microbrew in Colorado, but they have some kickass mead.

VIVA LA WINOS!

Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
Thank you. I will definitely try some more Chardonnay's!

Make sure you get ones done in oak, not steel. It's the oak that imparts the buttery/oaky flavors.
Groundhog Boy
quote:
Originally posted by kabelicious
Riseling is the .

I went to Napa Vally thinking I liked red, found out I am a sucker for Reisling. :)

And I love mead. They might not have the best microbrew in Colorado, but they have some kickass mead.

VIVA LA WINOS!

I prefer German Rieslings, even though they're lower in alcohol (8-9%).

In the US, particularly New York, they add sugar during fermentation to increase the alcohol content, and I think the taste of the alcohol overpowers the flavors of the wine. This one's not bad, though for a Finger Lakes (Upstate NY) Riesling
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Privacy Statement