return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Should I buy Pioneer CDJ1000's?
View this Thread in Original format
hooknife
I was thinking about buying 2 Pioneer CDJ1000’s for my home setup. I was just curious if you guys like any other CD mixers better? If you do please tell me which one you like and why you like it better.

Thanks in advance!
richg101
cdj 200 or 800's are the only other option. really i wouldnt bother with 1000's for home use. the only thing they got thats really better is the track waveform image..
Freak
quote:
Originally posted by richg101
really i wouldnt bother with 1000's for home use. the only thing they got thats really better is the track waveform image..

And the memory card, the more accurate pitch, the loop in adjust function, and the hot cues (and hot loops on the mk3), and a couple of other things

Although i hated the cdjs at first, like a fungus they have grown on me (buying 3 helped I suppose)
Has to be said, pioneer did nail it with them. Anything else on the market doesnt really compare IMHO.

Buy them used.
Try them.
If you dont like them you arent exactly going to lose much with current prices... so sell them on.
Mr.Mystery
quote:
Originally posted by Freak
And the memory card, the more accurate pitch, the loop in adjust function, and the hot cues (and hot loops on the mk3), and a couple of other things

Don't the 200 and the 1000 have the same pitch accuracy?
idoru
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
Don't the 200 and the 1000 have the same pitch accuracy?

They do. Their platters, however, are the most noticeable difference.
Freak
Havent used the 200s so no idea- was comparing them to the 800s
agentdansmith
DO the 800mk2's not have the same pitch accuracy as the 200's and 1000's then?
skip
quote:
Originally posted by agentdansmith
DO the 800mk2's not have the same pitch accuracy as the 200's and 1000's then?

no they don't. they only have 0,05%

edit:
and on the topic. i don't think you should buy the cdj1000s unless you have too much money to spend. sure they're the best dj cd-players around but also the most expensive ones. i'd go with the 200s or the 800s if i were you. or the denon dn-s 3500 if they're any good (i'm still undecided about that).
miamitranceman
I think you should get the 800 mk2s because you get the feel of the top of the line 1000s for a lot less. The pitch issue, as previously mentioned, is a non-issue for many users including myself.
Spirit5
If you want to scratch, then definitely the 800s. If you just mix and still want the 6%, 0.02 resolution pitch then your best bet is the 200s. I just downgraded from CDJ 1000 MK2s. They were fine, but the funny thing is, so far I like the 200s better. Not just because they are smaller and much less expensive (two 200s cost less than one 1000 MK3), but I find the platter smoother (well smoother than my MK2 was, the 1000 MK3s are almost too smooth), and they don't have anything more than you need in a home-set up for mixing.

They don't scratch, but unless your into hip hop or are a James Zabiela or Eddie Halliwell wannabe, than forget it. Unless of course, you are rich and can afford 1000s, but you really should know how to mix before buying something that expensive, like on TTs or basic CDJs. Not everyone is a good mixer, and believe me..i've been mixing for like four years now, and I still feel like a beginner (okay more like an intermediate now, still have to tackle EQing properly).

Tony Morello
pioneer cdj-1000 mk3 FTMFW!!!

as soon as i can afford to, i'm getting a pair
Ryan0751
I wish they would slap the wave display on all their players... I really find it useful.

Pioneers lineup is kinda of ridiculous. You have the CDJ-200 that's a great unit at a great price, and you have the 1000 that's a great unit at a ridiculous price.

The jump from the 800 to the 1000 in terms of features for the money is scary. A few things here and there, but not worth $500!

I bought my CDJ-1000MK2's 2 years ago for $929 shipped to my door. The MK3's amazingly went up in price to $1100? Ridiculous!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement