return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth

Pages: [1] 2 3 
Which Ortofons are the best?
View this Thread in Original format
DJ TranceFormer
Hey guys,
Which carts are the best in your oppinion?
I'm talking about ortofons ONLY:D
dazzed
well i have the ortofon nightclubs and the things are GREAT!! my friends ar all jelous of them. at 2.5g they DONOT skip for anything, even a warped record (well ofcourse they won't play if its warped enough -- nothing will). i'm being careful with this pair of styli, last pair i used to drop on the platter and once carried them w/o plastic covers in their case by mistake etc and they lasted me a long long time.

only problem i have is that i find them to be a little base heavy when im just relaxing in my room.. but thats just preference, i imagine they made them very base responcive since they are geared towards night clubs. but i turn down the base like 2Db and its perfect. the only other models to consider are the dj line which are a little cheaper, and the gold line, which i know nothing about but i bet are mostly hype.

dazzed
DJTJ
Nightclub E are the top of the range, so I would imagine them to be the best.
DJ TranceFormer
What about blue, or silver ones?
Which ones are better?
DJ LIQUID
they are all good..

<------i prefer the blue's :cool: ..think im gonna get some pinks here in a few
j_spot
I have the nightclubs..black w/ yellow slyli. Very nice, you dont even need the aux weight on the back of the tonearm.
DJ TranceFormer
Hey guys,
Well I got the blue ones with a brush and 2 styluses for $99 US :)
They are ing great, I'm loving them!
DJTJ
I *believe* the range goes something like this:

TOP OF RANGE
-------------
Nightclub E (Luminous yellow)
Nightclub S (Luminous yellow)
Scratch E (pink)
Scratch S (pink)
DJ E (Blue)
DJ S (Blue) <- This is what I have
Pro E (Black and Silver - they are both identical)
Pro S (Black and Silver)
----------------
BOTTOM OF RANGE

I think all come in both S and E varieties, but I could be wrong.
Dj Thy
Yup, top of the range is the Ortofon Gold, which is basically a Nightclub E in a different color.
The Pro don't have elliptical versions (diff between the Pro and Pro S is the radius of the spherical cone).

Theoretically the Nightclubs are the best, but frankly you'll need much effort to tell the difference between NC's and Dj's. Dj's are good enough imho.
DJTJ
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Thy
Yup, top of the range is the Ortofon Gold, which is basically a Nightclub E in a different color.
The Pro don't have elliptical versions (diff between the Pro and Pro S is the radius of the spherical cone).

Didn't know this, thanks! I'll store that one into my vast knowledge base :D :rolleyes:

Ugg
So what is the difference between spherical and elliptical stylii? The only thing I could decypher from the specs on Ortofon's site is that the elliptical stylii have a better freq. range. Any other benefits with the E series?

Based on the discussion here, I'm assuming that the DJ S (Blue) cartridges are good enough for home use. Correct?
j_spot
yea..well most anything is good for home use. But when you play out, ya might wanna bring your own needles(cuz Junkies dont share needles)
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 
Privacy Statement