return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
So you realize life is REALLY REALLY short...
View this Thread in Original format
squirrelly
When a doctor says to you: "you have cancer."

Holy .
idoru
Get the out. You? :(
squirrelly
Yeah I was diagnosed yesterday. :(
Yan
It's not the end of the world, depending on the location of this malignant tumor. Also, if metastasis does not occur. Even if it does, it's still possible to survive.
Frenchie
I just went through this with myself and still going through it. I literally thought the end of the world when my DR told me but the last thing I wanted to do was stay depressed because I know it doesn't have to be so dreadful. It can be found, treated and taken out. I feel for you girly, stay strong.
squirrelly
Honestly I don't think it's the end of the world. It's more or less like "Jesus, I'm ing 23 and all I see in the near-future is tests, surgeries, treatments, and chemo. You have GOT to be kidding me."

And the fact that I've been mistreated for the past couple of months doesn't help... a couple of months = spreading of way too fast moving cancer.
echosystm
I've had a bit of a cancer scare recently. Gotta go get an op done in a few weeks. Doc says it's not likely to be anything bad, but I'm still ting myself.

This sort of thing happens all the time. There are lots of survivors out there!
You'll be alright kiddo, best of luck!
Tranceporter99
I hope the best for you. Godspeed.
squirrelly
I did a whole bunch of surgeries in 2006 because they noticed the "beginning stages" of cancer... (hence why I was mia on TA from like mid 06 through 2007). I didn't work all that time because of the after effects of the surgeries and whatnot. They thought they got it all. Turns out they didn't... it spread to 3 different organs now.

//edit

Thanks for the wishes guys
Dervish
Holy , which type? My bro had testicular cancer.*

Don't let it define you. This is the first stage and you'll be in shock. Just ride the roller coaster that is going to come in the next few days. Stay close to those who really care about you.

It is a hammer blow to hear that word, but in most cases it is treatable. Remember each type is different and to associate the 'C' word with what you have is overly general.

Your brain will be going a mile a minute just now but remember nothing will change over the next few weeks really aside from you'll be having to goto ty hospitals that will try to (annoyingly, disturbingly even) make you feel at home /normal in a situation farthest from that as possible.

I've not been in your situation exactly, neither have most of the people on here. Maybe a group online is the best place to look (it was for a condition I had)?

Aside from that hopefully the next period is as stress free as possible and you get good news on your treatment options.

EDIT: My bro is now built as too. :p Was fairly touch and go at points (secondarys and so on, big op after big op). And now he can bench 100kgs (220lbs) or more no problem. You can get over this it will be tough, but you have control.

making no promises on benching 100kgs tho :p

Also may sound weird, but don't worry how you feel, might feel fine might feel . Might hate people might love people. You can't help it. Be selfish for now but involve your loved ones, they'll done ANYTHING they can. There is no wrong way to feel.

Ted Promo
:/

hope you get better (and not get offended by cancer jokes that may occur, y'know, in the general sense).

Damn though, that really does actually suck hugelyvastlymassivelysavagegardenly.
wrzonance
Kick its ass!

And make your doctors EARN their pay. 2 months of spreading is unacceptable.

Luck and love, squirrelly.

----Adam Wrzeski
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement