return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Life and Relationships - Dreams and Love
View this Thread in Original format
Theresa
So I am curious... what is more important to you?

Love, or Dreams?

Let's create a hypothetical scenario:

Person A is in love with person B.

Person A is outgoing, and craves adventure and traveling, loves change and experience, doesn't really worry about stability and likes to live for the moment. Their goals are to travel and be adventurous.

Person B is laid back, doesn't like change at all and in fact rejects opportunities to be adventurous and has no desire to travel. They value stability and their goals are buying a house and having kids.

Now you are one or the other, and you suddenly get to the point in the relationship where these goals are conflicting. Person A wants to fly away and live in some foreign country for a while, and Person B wants to stay and buy a house.

Do you give up what you want, your life desires, to be with the one you love, or do you make the choice to follow your dreams and lose someone you care about?

I wonder if your life dreams will always come back to haunt you. If person A chooses to stay and live person B's life, will they one day just realize that it isn't what they want and fly away anyway? Or what if person B decides to go with person A on a world adventure and then realizes they want to go home and just picks up and leaves the other?

Or, can you change your life dreams to adapt to your other life choices? Can person A truly let go of their wanderlust and be content? Or vice versa?

I want to know what you guys think.
jastiC
who needs love or dreams wen u got it in a siringe :toothless
Cetra³
Your argument presented is biased towards Person A. You have focused on their needs rather than the needs of Person B. Also people generalising relationship issues or treating them like an equation which has a clear answer.

To Person A: I think maybe you should consider what Person B wants

To Person B: Compromise. get a house boat :\
kadomony
I think if person A really craves adventure and new experiences, Person A should not get hung up with society's views on monogamy.
aNYthing
To answer your question: Yes, let him take you up the Hershey highway. After all, it's all about butthole pleasures.
kadomony
do you like salad?
aNYthing
quote:
Originally posted by kadomony
do you like salad?

I like it tossed. :p
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Theresa
I wonder if your life dreams will always come back to haunt you. If person A chooses to stay and live person B's life, will they one day just realize that it isn't what they want and fly away anyway? Or what if person B decides to go with person A on a world adventure and then realizes they want to go home and just picks up and leaves the other?

They will both certainly learn to resent each other, lol.
Lilith
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
They will both certainly learn to resent each other, lol.

Yes, but its the hate that makes it special!

(Buy the house)
Axer
*flips a coin*

Silky Johnson
I think the problem with this question is that you're saying love and dreams are mutually exclusive. What if having love in your life IS one of your dreams?
Lilith
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
What if having love in your life IS one of your dreams?

You're a deluded under achiever relying on others for your own happiness? :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Privacy Statement