return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
the armin Van Buuren haters club?
View this Thread in Original format
diesel_tron3000
i'm not a member of this club, but it seems like so many people are for the dumbest reasons, mainly because of this whole thing that he plays smoked ghudda all the time...

A] everyone's downloaded sets that turn out to be e. not every show is going to be legendary

B] some people maybe just love to leave that elitist post totally dissing him

C] being number one in "the polls" only means that the expectations are that much higher for that killer epic once in a lifetime set which could be surpassed by his next show anyway. atmosphere has as much to do with is as the track selection anyhow

i've downloaded almost every state of trance ep and have kept about 34 or so and the same goes with like so many others like mr van dyk and mr sasha and mr tiesto

i thought the halloween show was awesome but that might just be me and my amazing taste

oh yeah election day is tomorrow siiiicccccckkkk

i'll admit i'm doing a write in...

danny trejo for pres!!!!!!
Az
worse than dog for breakfast
tubularbills
i don't really listen to much trance anymore - but i still like Armin. every once in awhile i'll pop in an ASOT CD. or universal religion.

had some of my best clubbing experiences at armin too.

so i don't hate.
MeLLyMeL
umm.. Have you ever seen him live?

After you get over the first 3 boring ass hours - he finally decides to pick it up.

Armin is like 1 for 9 to me. If it wasn't that it was free and because I love my TA's, I wouldn't go.
jonze

having made that, i'll say this about him. one of my best nights at a club was him and markus schulz back in like 04-05.
Krypton
ASOT 2004. That's all.
Ted Promo
He does suck though.
chimera66
you know what i'm actually someone who likes armin and i just don't understand how you could have liked his set on friday. i've heard armin spin 4 times this year and only ONCE was he really good, and that one occurrence was at bal en blanc when he came on around 5am and he had to bang it the out. the other three shows were in nyc and were fine...nothing memorable. at this point i only go to his sets to socialize. i still like armin but he's far from being one of my favorites...also seriously if i paid $80 for that set on friday i would have rioted. spending that type of money for general admission to a boring set is ridiculous. i thank the god lord baby jesus angello & ingrosso were at pacha and started their set close to when armin ended because that salvaged my "night"
Paradox Lost
I find very little reason to turn my attention towards him on even a semi-regular basis.

ASOT has a horrible hit to miss ratio, and if I ever do check up on him to see what's been unfolding with his style in particular, and Trance in general, I'll pick up the annual ASOT mix comp...which is gerally horrid.

So if nothing else, listening to Armin just indicates that I haven't been missing out on anything interesting insofar as Trance is concerned.
Yohan
quote:
Originally posted by Krypton
ASOT 2004. That's all.

this is true.

one of best trance compilations ever

too bad armin went downhill very fast after

Paradox Lost
quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
this is true.

2005 was decent, and the first disc of 2006 was fine, but I think the first half of the second disc on ASOT 2004 was some of the best work he's ever done.

1. Perry O'Neil- Kubik
2. Valentino- Flying (Sultan & The Greek remix)
3. Michael Burns- Ambience
4. Anthanasia- Perfect Wave
5. St. John- Mind Circles (Perry O'Neil remix)
6. Remy, Roland Klinkenberg- Fearless

:crazy:
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by Yohan
this is true.

Says a lot about trance if ASOT 2004 is one of the best comps ever. .

And I even bought it back then.

Armin has taste in music.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement