return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Movie: HOME (on youtube until until June 14)
View this Thread in Original format
Enhalcyon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxE...re=channel_page

http://www.home-2009.com/us/index.html

I'd like to share this neat gem with you guys for being such a great resource for trance. HOME will help you expect the rapid changes our world will go through, and how you can help make the change for the better.

Few points about HOME:
-movie/documentary about Earth.
-goal is to inform public on certain unnoticed or under-noticed problems.
-GORGEOUS landscape scenes; entire movie is aerial-shot with HD cameras.
-rich music with powerful narration
-main topics include the scope of damage caused by pollution, fuel consumption, and poverty.
-90 minutes
-free to view on youtube from june 5 - 14; sells on DVD afterward
-first 20 minutes talks about Earth's history from an evolutionist point of view (so you can skip that section if uninterested or already know it)

Some key facts from HOME (cited from credible sources in their home page under "HOME in figures"):
-20% of the world's population consumes 80% of the resources
-1 billion people have no access to safe drinking water, another billion are starving
-40% of all arable/farmable land are significantly or permanently degraded
-13 million hectares (bigger than Mississippi) of forest disappear every year
-1 mammal in 4, 1 bird in 8, 1 amphibian in 3 are all threatened with extinction
-species are dying out 1,000 times faster than the natural rate of extinction in the past years
-75% of all fisheries products are exhausted, depleted, or in danger of being so
-the ice caps lost 40% of its thickness in the past 40 years

If you like the movie, feel free to spread the word. What do you think about it?
Slylee
for some reason this spam doesn't bother me as much as others have.
Enhalcyon
Im not trying to spam, I was just sharing something I found. If a mod wants to delete this I wont mind.
Slylee
well it kind of is spam because you just created an account so you could market your thing.

it's ok.

people don't like it when some random person creates an account and tries to come in here like a typical douchebag promoter saying, "YO GUYS! CHECK OUT DJ SO & SO TOMORROW NIGHT AND HERE'S HIS WEBSITE HE'S THE BOMB. PEACE LOVE AND TRANCE"

so in return it becomes counter productive. everyone gets annoyed and no one pays attention to what's supposed to be marketed.

we all be tight in here and hang out in person and date and n sheeit.
Enhalcyon
I didnt realize about this etiquette. I was just a TA lurker until I found something I couldnt resist but to share, which made me create this account. But I understand what you are saying.

If HOME would stay free until December, maybe I could have become a more active member THEN share it, but I guess its too late now =P.

edit: And HOME isnt my thing - I'm not affiliated with it in any way. I just love it that much.
Slylee
you suck at lying. in order to be a lurker, you have to be a member for at least over a month mr. or mrs. "registered june 09":stongue:

*edit*

oh wait, you registered today. LOL
Enhalcyon
I thought lurkers meant lurking the forum, as in just reading other's posts without participating in the discussion. You dont need to have an account to lurk, do you?
Sunsnail
quote:
Originally posted by Enhalcyon
I thought lurkers meant lurking the forum, as in just reading other's posts without participating in the discussion. You dont need to have an account to lurk, do you?

yea slylee is wrong.
Slylee
:mad:

way to side w/ the a ing SPAM person over me sunsnail. , what'd i ever do to you.
simplcake
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee
:mad:

, what'd i ever do to you.

maybe thats the problem ;)

Frenchie
Aw Jamie<3
Slylee
maybe you should off alt. no one liked you the first time. chances are, they won't this time around:gsmile:
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement