return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Slang terms that annoy you
View this Thread in Original format
MrJiveBoJingles
I hate the word "hubby" (slang for "husband"). Just don't like the sound of it I guess.

You?
Silky Johnson
I, too, hate the word hubby. Total fat chick word.

I also don't like the word 'fixin's' in reference of side dishes, i.e., turkey dinner (stuffing, potatoes, etc.), or hot dog/hamburger toppings, etc.
pkcRAISTLIN
BK.
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
I also don't like the word 'fixin's' in reference of side dishes, i.e., turkey dinner (stuffing, potatoes, etc.), or hot dog/hamburger toppings, etc.

That's another ugly one.
Lebezniatnikov
Arvie.
Banora
'I'mn straight' meaning 'I'm alright'. I dunno why but it just grates on my nerves. I've been tempted to ask "Are you sure?" afterwards. :stongue:
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Lebezniatnikov
Arvie.

Is that like 'arvo'?

Because you can go yourself if it is :mad:

:p
Silky Johnson
I generally don't like a lot of slang, period. Just speak plain in' English ffs.
Lebezniatnikov
quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Is that like 'arvo'?

Because you can go yourself if it is :mad:

:p

Oh yeah, I can't even remember how to spell it, it's so weird!
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by Lebezniatnikov
Oh yeah, I can't even remember how to spell it, it's so weird!

I'll cut you Lebez :mad:

eROs.au
quote:
I generally don't like a lot of slang, period. Just speak plain in' English ffs.

lol australia is full of slang. :p
Omega_Blue
quote:

+1

i hate when people use "word" spelled with an "e" like "werd dogg" or whatever. also when people use the word "bro" waaaay too much or when it doesn't apply; for example, i only call someone "bro" if they're a good friend or someone older than me that i respect.

i use "i'm straight" pretty often. meh.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Privacy Statement