return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Sex and the city 2
View this Thread in Original format
EgosXII
I havn't seen it, and i hope never to see it, but I though this amazing review deserved it's own thread (hopefully hasn't been posted somewhere else...)

LINK

Some excerpts to make the whole thing worth reading:

"SATC2 takes everything that I hold dear as a woman and as a human—working hard, contributing to society, not being an entitled **** like it's my job—and rapes it to death with a stiletto that costs more than my car. It is 146 minutes long, which means that I entered the theater in the bloom of youth and emerged with a family of field mice living in my long, white mustache. This is an entirely inappropriate length for what is essentially a home video of gay men playing with giant Barbie dolls."

"Miranda Redhairlawyerface: Miranda is a lawyer who has red hair. She also has a child. As a working woman, Miranda is forced to miss every single one of her child's incessant science fairs (as though children know anything of science!). Also, her lawyer boss is a cartoon dick. Miranda quits her job, and everyone is much happier. This is because women should not work. It is terrible for the children."

"Charlotte Goldsteinjewyjewsomethingsomethingblatt: Life for Charlotte is unbelievably difficult. As a wealthy stay-at-home mom with two children and a live-in, full-time nanny, she sometimes has to bake cupcakes! Also, one time her little child got finger paint on a piece of vintage cloth. Therefore, Charlotte cannot stop crying. "How do the women without help do it?""

Review is no doubt a few million times better than the film :p
Fledz
Gay bro
Nrg2Nfinit
You're a fag
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by EgosXII
Also, her lawyer boss is a cartoon dick. Miranda quits her job, and everyone is much happier. This is because women should not work. It is terrible for the children.

I realize this is sarcasm, but I have to laugh at this notion. Research has shown that parents need to continue working if that's what they feel is best for them, as it can put strain on the relationship between parent and child due to resentment, etc. Furthermore, as long as children have a consistent, positive, nurturing influence in their life it doesn't even have to be their own parent.
coolestrl
who wants to go see 4 dried up sluts going the middle east for shopping
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by coolestrl

Other dried up sluts? Have you never noticed that the types of women who like this are just as annoying and retarded?
enydo
Roger Ebert also has a pretty good review of this fest.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps...VIEWS/100529986
coolestrl
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
Other dried up sluts? Have you never noticed that the types of women who like this are just as annoying and retarded?

yeah tell me about it, thats half the women in new york
chlola
quote:
Originally posted by coolestrl

Gay men.
Ania_xox

me in the

Theresa
You know... the person who reviewed it could have at least criticized the movie for why it really sucked instead of pulling bull out of their ass to get the feminists pissed off.

My issue with the movie was the ethnocentric, disrespectful undertone that existed while they were in "Abu Dhabi". Don't get me wrong... I don't necessarily believe that forcing their women to hide under veils and demonizing sexuality is the best way to do things, but I also don't think it's appropriate to go to their home and be rude and disrespectful of it. The movie had a very 'entitled' and 'superior' feeling to it that really rubbed me the wrong way.

The whole bull about not working yadda yadda... did they even watch the movie? Shut... up.

I will agree the part about Charlotte was pretty lame, but I think it was a pathetic attempt on the directors part to stroke the egos of mothers everywhere. They had a little speech about how being a mother is so hard, despite having help etc. On the flip side, I did appreciate the message that women aren't abnormal freaks if they choose not to have kids at all. That was a bit of a refreshing change.

Personally, I didn't super hate the movie, but I didn't love it either. The first one was a lot better in terms of story.
Ygrene
My favorite part was when SJP's husband steals the Ferrari!
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement