return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 
Tehlord (pg. 4)
View this Thread in Original format
MrJiveBoJingles
quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Just close your eyes and think of Britain....

Thought it was "think of England."

:haha:
quote:
Originally posted by Mad for Brad
if only they weren't so damn ugly. What an eye sore.

which ones? focals or yamahas or the JBLs? the focals atleast looks like they tried, but the width makes them impossible to place anywhere else than above a mixing console. i will try to get the yamahas home to compare to my hifis sound. they must be better in all points if its gonna be worth it at all, i dont see the point in downgrade, but i need to upgrade as my hifis arent flat at all. theyre revealing though which i love and if im getting monitors they have to be alteast that much revealing. another problem with the yamahas are the rear bassport. they have room control though, anyone know at what freq? i might test a sinus in my room just to find out the problems. oh wait, found a pic of the back, seems to be 500Hz.
tehlord
quote:
Originally posted by 19503
which ones? focals or yamahas or the JBLs? the focals atleast looks like they tried, but the width makes them impossible to place anywhere else than above a mixing console. i will try to get the yamahas home to compare to my hifis sound. they must be better in all points if its gonna be worth it at all, i dont see the point in downgrade, but i need to upgrade as my hifis arent flat at all. theyre revealing though which i love and if im getting monitors they have to be alteast that much revealing. another problem with the yamahas are the rear bassport. they have room control though, anyone know at what freq? i might test a sinus in my room just to find out the problems. oh wait, found a pic of the back, seems to be 500Hz.

Dude i've got the Yamahas in an awful position in a rubbish room and I can still use them. The room is 30' x 10' and i've got my desk in a corner firing along the short wall. It's also hard floored and high ceilings. I'm sure that if I had them in a treated room they would be immensely better, but they're incredibly useable even in this setup. My most recent mix is a whole leap forward using the HS80s and that's down to the monitors not the user!
tehlord
Here's the position I have them in :-

kitphillips
I might be wrong but that looks pretty wide... Maybe try putting them behind your desk or on the wall or something?

Don't take my word on that...
Mad for Brad
looks like a perfect triangle to me. IF anything they are just too close to the wall which doesn't look like a wall but rather a curtain one would use to dress up as a ghost on Halloween. I can't find my glasses.
tehlord
There's little I can do about the position of the monitors in the room sadly. I'm currently house hunting with the main priority being a treatable studio area! ;)

The triangle itself is pretty spot on and i've got the tweeters at about ear height so i'm making the best of a e situation.

The left monitor is in a corner, that's a small return wall it's up against. The right one is against a wall that's another 20ft off to the right. Behind my seated position is another corner 10ft away.

It's a miracle I can mix there at all tbfh

I will most likely keep the MDF on tin cans after the move. It has character.
i will deeply consider these. it might be pointless to consider anything more high end in my room and with my skills anyway. do they handle to play loud too? these will be my only speakers and from time to time i like to play loud when having friends over.
tehlord
quote:
i will deeply consider these. it might be pointless to consider anything more high end in my room and with my skills anyway. do they handle to play loud too? these will be my only speakers and from time to time i like to play loud when having friends over.

They're loud enough for me :p
yeah with 1m distance i bet they are hehe. but how do they sound like 3-4m away?

tehlord
Still plenty loud enough for me from another room tbh.
DJ RANN
quote:
yeah with 1m distance i bet they are hehe. but how do they sound like 3-4m away?

Don't worry about volume - those ******s go louder than you'd ever want to mix at.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement