return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Random chance encounters...
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
So odd chance encounter last night.

Idoru and I were hanging out while he was visiting out here and we all decided to go to a bar. While there we ran into Citric Acid and her dad who happened to be in town that weekend for some races.

There was quite a bit of what the ing going on when everyone realized we were all in the same spot. Mainly me coming out of the hall for the bathroom and stopping mid stride with a :wtf: face as Citric looked up from her table like :eek:.

In a city of that many people, with that many bars, the chances of that happening seems astronomically high... :wtf:

Best part is I literally walked by her 5 times with out either of us noticing and the bar was not even that crowded at that point. I even walked by her once to text her that I heard she was in the area (after Jake had poorly described having seen her in the bar with "We passed De.").
Looney4Clooney
My girlfriend ran into about 5 people she knew when she was in Austria. now that is ed up. 2 of them were actual pretty good friends. When i'm in montreal, it is a pretty big city population wise but for someone reason it feels so small and you are always running into people you know if you are downtown.
Lira
Happens all the time with me.

I've managed to bump into friends in São Paulo (the world's 7th largest city), for example, and I used to go alone to the cinema when I was a teen because I'd almost always find someone there (and Brasília isn't a small hamlet either). Most friends know exactly where to find me - I'm very predictable in this sense - which doesn't really help keeping the odds any lower :p
BTG
i once ran into Ricki Lake.
Spacey Orange
Ran into Jonah Sharp (aka Spacetime Continuum) in some random alley in San Francisco about 10 years ago. I was looking for an address walking around and he was loading something into his car. I was like 'hey' but he was probably thinking 'who the hell are you?'. :(
meriter
Yeah pay attention to this stuff especially if you run into the same person more than once. Coincidences happen all the time when you're on the right track
Blake
I hear that researchers have come up with some sort of mathematical explanation for why "random encounters" occur; why you end up running into someone when you've been thinking about them; why a song that's been stuck in your head just happens to beon the radio when you turn it on etc... Maybe Lagrangian can back me up on this one.
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by Blake
Maybe Lagrangian can back me up on this one.

If you want I can copypaste a random wikipedia article as well. ;)
JEO
Shut the up Lagrangian.
Looney4Clooney
quote:
I hear that researchers have come up with some sort of mathematical explanation for why "random encounters" occur; why you end up running into someone when you've been thinking about them; why a song that's been stuck in your head just happens to beon the radio when you turn it on etc... Maybe Lagrangian can back me up on this one.

Uri Geller is hard at work!

Halcyon+On+On
quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity
meriter
quote:

i think rupert sheldrake is actually working on it
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 
Privacy Statement