return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 
(((Diggers))) Sat Nov 2nd ! (pg. 6)
View this Thread in Original format
Silky Johnson
:stongue: :stongue:

I didn't go pee until after we popped next door for a beer. I mean, I tried a couple times, but I think I sweat out any fluid I would have potentially pissed out. :p
hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by infinity HiGH
It's like Digweed has access to some sort of alien DJ'ing techniques and methods that nobody else on Earth knows about....WOW. Stayed until the end...walked out confused as , questioning the meaning of life, and didn't really get back to normal until Monday afternoon lol.

Dude I have those exact feelings after every time that I've see this man play. His mixing techniques and the flow of his music blows my mind every time!! I don't know any DJ out there who can deliver what Digweed delivers. I wish I was there..
infinity HiGH
quote:
Originally posted by Spin Laden
The only drawback to that night was that it was so packed and hot, it became very challenging near the end, trying to keep up with the audio onslaught.

And, btw, completely sober people were applauding Digweed also...that tells you how good his set was :p

I must say that at no point throughout the night did I think it was too packed, too hot, or too whatever. I guess we lucked out, because we had TWO sick spots where we could hang out. The back left balcony, and then straight from that balcony in front of the DJ booth.

And completely sober people were blown away too, you're right. My buddy was clean all night and was fully speechless by the end of it all.

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore trancer
Dude I have those exact feelings after every time that I've see this man play. His mixing techniques and the flow of his music blows my mind every time!! I don't know any DJ out there who can deliver what Digweed delivers. I wish I was there..

Yea man, I was expecting to see you there. This was a once in a lifetime type of party.

Oh, and going to sleep at 9pm on Satuday, only to wake up at 2am, go predrink at a friends place and then hit the club...lmao...I've never done something like that before.

Ps. My ears were ringing like a mother****** ALL day Sunday. Goddamn...I was surprised. The soundsystem was great, but I didn't think it would destroy my ears the way it did.
Silky Johnson
quote:
I must say that at no point throughout the night did I think it was too packed, too hot, or too whatever. I guess we lucked out, because we had TWO sick spots where we could hang out. The back left balcony, and then straight from that balcony in front of the DJ booth.

And completely sober people were blown away too, you're right. My buddy was clean all night and was blown speechless by the end of it all.

To be fair, being such a large group we couldn't really help but take over those awesome spots, lolololol.
Spin Laden
sweet spots were good once you found them, indeed.. we were at the front, just below Digweed or on the patio area.. moving thru the crowd was an adventure each time however.

Pretty hot too and yes, my ears were bit plugged too. Musically and crowd enthusiasm and attitude wise the night was VERY top notch, however.
hardcore trancer
quote:
Yea man, I was expecting to see you there. This was a once in a lifetime type of party.

I know bro. Trust me I actually regret that I didn't go to this party. I'm just hoping that he'll be back again since he seem to be loving Stereo so much.
Romchik22
He'll be back 110%, I wouldn't be surprised if there's already something in the works. This guy had a smurk about his face as if he was LOVING it. He's coming back and hopefully we can make a residency out of it ( wild dreams ).
klobo
I saw him at circus like 2 years ago???
Lolllll

So didnt expect to be mindblown after that experience

wow venue,vibe makes a big difference.
hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by Romchik22
He'll be back 110%, I wouldn't be surprised if there's already something in the works. This guy had a smurk about his face as if he was LOVING it. He's coming back and hopefully we can make a residency out of it ( wild dreams ).

That would be beyond amazing!!!:eyespop:
hardcore trancer
quote:
Originally posted by klobo
I saw him at circus like 2 years ago???
Lolllll

So didnt expect to be mindblown after that experience

wow venue,vibe makes a big difference.

See I was at the party too and I couldn't stand his set at all that night.. That was one of the reasons why I wasn't sure if I should go see him this time and boy was I wrong..:(

WittyHandle
quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
Ew, drive? We flew! Because being an adult is all about paying for convenience. :p ;)

But yeah I hear what you're saying. It's partially the reason (although a very small part of the reason) why I don't go out as often anymore. Since I have become more selective about the parties I go to, I have found that pretty much EVERY party I go to is awesome. It also has to do with expectations, and although I consider myself a discerning listener, I have never gone out with any other expectation than to simply have a good time dancing to music I can't hear at any old club/bar, with my closest friends and other like-minded people.

I think that, ultimately, one has to keep an open - almost naive - mind. Gotta tune out all that other bs that comes with years of raving and not take it so seriously. It's what has worked for me, at any rate. :)

And yeah, what Romchik22 said. *points AND laughs* Lolololololol

Agreed on all points about expectations and have been putting them into place for quite a while. However, flights from Burlington VT to Mtl are hard to find ;) I'm all for eliminating blockades to inroads to happiness, while at the same time being honest about whether I'm actually having a good time or not. I'm just thankful that a love of street art has filled the need that music used to give me for so long. It's a different feeling, but it's working well for now.

*maps out Sunday's tour of disproportionately amazing amount of street art that Montreal has*
WittyHandle
quote:
Originally posted by Romchik22
Well maybe Digweend not playing at stereo for a decade

6 years
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 
Privacy Statement