return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Friday 190: Is anyone aside from the same 3 people ever gonna start a Friday thread??
View this Thread in Original format
Silky Johnson
Was gonna go skiing today but it got mild again and everything is wet and/or melting. Husband's work Christmas party tomorrow, maybe try for skiing on Sunday if the wetness subsides.

What are you s doing? Where's Zoso at?? :D
wotyzoid
I'm working coat check at some club tonight for a change.
SYSTEM-J
I'm supposed to be at my work Christmas party right now, but I really couldn't be bothered and just didn't turn up. You can't just go to these things and have a few relaxed drinks and a chat. It's open bar on the company's card so everyone gets mortally pissed up as quickly as possible and then deliberately forgets they're married. ing grim. Also, the mercury has hit 0C this weekend and it is brutally cold outside, which I don't want to deal with on a raging hangover.

Instead, I've got some mates coming over for a mix and drinks tomorrow evening, so I'll get pissed up in my own flat with better tunes. Result!
Vector A
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
It's open bar on the company's card so everyone gets mortally pissed up as quickly as possible and then deliberately forgets they're married. ing grim.

Lol, what? Is this a UK thing?

Maybe I just work at tame companies.
planetaryplayer
last exam tomorrow, had one today followed by diarrhea. also its my anniversary today but i don't think i can do anything. saw dj bone is coming to town got excited and then realized its my SO's mothers birthday party that day and a friend's lunch the next day
SYSTEM-J
Getting enormously drunk and publicly debasing oneself? Yeah, that's a UK thing.
Lews
quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm supposed to be at my work Christmas party right now, but I really couldn't be bothered and just didn't turn up. You can't just go to these things and have a few relaxed drinks and a chat. It's open bar on the company's card so everyone gets mortally pissed up as quickly as possible and then deliberately forgets they're married. ing grim.

I'm trying really, really hard to forget my party from last Friday, but the memories linger nonetheless.

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A

Maybe I just work at tame companies.

I was actually talking to someone a few days later (after my party) about how I was completely mortified by my behaviour (at our party) and their response was sort of like, 'Wait, is this not how Christmas parties are everywhere?'

So, yes, it's a UK thing.
ziptnf
I seem to recall Bas and Clovis using the phrase "housed" to describe being really drunk. I guess that never caught on.

A couple parties this weekend, no downtime it sounds like.
Vector A
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I seem to recall Bas and Clovis using the phrase "housed" to describe being really drunk. I guess that never caught on.

That's what my frequently "housed" roommate in freshman year of college used to call it.
Sushipunk
quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf

LOL, wasn't that Renzo?

Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Vector A

No way, happens here too. Or maybe that's also just a hospital/doctor/nurse thing. Lol.

So much juicy always happens at my work Christmas parties, it's the main reason I go!
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by planetaryplayer
last exam tomorrow, had one today followed by diarrhea. also its my anniversary today but i don't think i can do anything. saw dj bone is coming to town got excited and then realized its my SO's mothers birthday party that day and a friend's lunch the next day

What the happened to you man? :(
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement