return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Internet forums and the ironic attitudes of many of the established members
View this Thread in Original format
Ed G
A forum n00b is expected to exhibit certain attitudes and behaviors in their posting. Most longer term members are critical when they percieve that a relatively new member has not displayed the customary respect they are due. Herein lies the irony.

The "older" user feels superior based on the fact that they have spent perhaps several years and thousands of hours posting on the internet forum in question.
DJ Mikey Mike
Has someone barked you down in another thread sweetheart? Aww diddums.
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike

shut up, newer member!
Ed G
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike

No. Actually my reception here has been fairly warm compared with what many experience.

I do appreciate your kind words though.
Ed G
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
shut up, newer member!

Yes sir. Sorry.
wienerschnitzel
yeah it's quite often i flex my nuts around here..:stongue:
Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Ed G
Yes sir. Sorry.

I guess you missed the joke with mr mikey mike there. Don't worry though, if you have a really bad sense of humour & can't catch onto things so easily, there's always the "humour" forum which often isn't very funny, as well as the New york forum where you can discuss who is popping caps in whose asses.
paranoik0
quote:
Originally posted by Ed G
A forum n00b is expected to exhibit certain attitudes and behaviors in their posting. Most longer term members are critical when they percieve that a relatively new member has not displayed the customary respect they are due. Herein lies the irony.

The "older" user feels superior based on the fact that they have spent perhaps several years and thousands of hours posting on the internet forum in question.

And you figured all this out by yourself?

Wow.
Ed G
quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
And you figured all this out by yourself?

Wow.

There is nothing special in the fact that I figured this out. The fact that it is so obvious only adds to the irony of it.
paranoik0
And why did you felt like coming in here, stating the obvious, and creating another absolutely useless and tiring discussion about internet forums?

RJT
Fail

/ironic attitude of an established member.
Ed G
quote:
Originally posted by paranoik0
And why did you felt like coming in here, stating the obvious, and creating another absolutely useless and tiring discussion about internet forums?

I created the thread for my own entertainment and edification.

The topic may be useless and tiring to you, but may be worthwhile to people like me who are fascinated by odd human behavior.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Privacy Statement