return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Cleaning House!!
View this Thread in Original format
Silky Johnson
Well, as some of you know, my mother recently moved out of our house, rather, apartment (It's on the top floor of an old house, it seems more appropriate to call it a house).

So yeah, she moved out after living here for almost 5 years and now that it's all mine, I have to clean this ing dump up!

Ok so it's not REALLY a dump, but it needs some work!! See, this is a really old house, at least 80 years old...and there's a lot of beautiful woodwork in here. Except it's covered in layer and layers of peeling, cracking paint!

I can't believe the people who lived here could cover up what I imagine will be very beautiful wood.

Anyway, I'm pretty stoked to clean this place up...remove all the old paint, sand the floors, put fresh paint on the walls and ceilings(everyone smoked in here, the walls are disgusting!!), oh, and I have to drop about a grand for a new bathtub!!

I just thought I'd share with you all that I'm excited to be living on my own, and having this little project.

I really do love this apartment, and am glad I decided not to leave.

I will be taking pictures of my progress, if anyone cares. :p

YAY!!
bas
People would care if you cleaned it in a bikini.
Cro_Addict
Thats pretty cool! It will be a lot of work , but it will be soo good when u get to see the difference between the before and after!

Lilith
I recently finished renovations a few months ago so I'll compare horror stories with you Jen :) (least I didn't have any damn relatives in the place! ugh!)

Buy 2 cases of beer and invite friends over in overalls :p
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by bas
People would care if you cleaned it in a bikini.

Hah! I ing will too, just to shut your stupid face up. :mad:
Frenchie
Have Fun ,J! Cleaning up is fun if you know what you're up against. I always end up finding neat stuff when I clean, so good luck.
tubularbills
good luck! that reminds me, i gotta vacuum and dust. and attempt to do my lawn again. grass is still ing wet and those goddamn bumblebees are still at the end of my lawn, burroughing underground :mad:
Cro_Addict
quote:
Originally posted by jennypie
Hah! I ing will too, just to shut your stupid face up. :mad:

u gonna dress up like this?

Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Lilith
I recently finished renovations a few months ago so I'll compare horror stories with you Jen :) (least I didn't have any damn relatives in the place! ugh!)

Buy 2 cases of beer and invite friends over in overalls :p

Oh man...it's been pretty horrific already, lol. 4 years of smokers living here hasn't been at all kind to the place.

The work that needs to be done is all superficial, but it's going to make such a huge difference!

I already started on the bathroom months ago. Laid down some vinyl tiles and bought new accessories and stuff.

I can't wait to buy furniture and decorate...I have such wicked plans in mind. I want it to be sort of Morrocan or Indian themed. It's a small space, so I want it comfy, deep and cozy....like an opium den, haha. Lots of nice fabrics and stuff.

I really am excited about seeing what the wood on the old door and window frames is gonna look like once I get the paint off!!
Frenchie
Booo, why do you live away. I'd sooooo come and help.

Lilith
Oh sweet, get a nice centrepiece lamp for the ceiling and hang some nice patterned cloth from that to the corners, adds a lot of atmosphere with some wall hangings too.
Plus side with wall hangings is you don't have to paint... or paint well!
Silky Johnson
quote:
Originally posted by Cro_Addict
u gonna dress up like this?

Nah, I was thinking I'd wear my red bikini...that one doesn't really match where I want to go with the design of this place.

lol
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 
Privacy Statement