return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Can you BELIEVE we elected this guy?
View this Thread in Original format
Clovis
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10314.html

Highlights:

quote:
For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families: He has given up golf.

“I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Bush said he made that decision after the August 2003 bombing of the United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, which killed Sergio Vieira de Mello, the top U.N. official in Iraq and the organization’s high commissioner for human rights.

“I remember when de Mello, who was at the U.N., got killed in Baghdad as a result of these murderers taking this good man's life,” he said. “I was playing golf — I think I was in central Texas — and they pulled me off the golf course and I said, ‘It's just not worth it anymore to do.’"

quote:
— The president said global warming has “been more clearly defined as a problem” during his eight years in office, and when asked if it is real, Bush said: “Yes, it is real; sure is.”

“I could have supported a lousy [Kyoto] treaty and everybody would have went, ‘Oh, man, what a wonderful-sounding fellow he is,’” Bush said. “But it just wouldn't have worked.

“I don't think you want your president trying to be the cool guy and not end up with policies that actually make a difference. So the policies I've outlined are policies that will actually make a difference: nuclear power for generating electricity, battery driven cars, ethanol.”

quote:
— He criticized former President Jimmy Carter for suggesting an approach to Middle East involvement that Bush described as “if you want to be popular in the Middle East, just go blame Israel for every problem.”

“That will make you popular,” he said. “Popularity is fleeting. … Principles are forever.”

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

You can't be American, read/watch this, and not be incredibly ashamed...
bas
Who's "we'? :o
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by bas
Who's "we'? :o

The collective American stupidity
Ang ' ela_ie
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis
The collective American stupidity

Collective United-Statesian. I dont think Chile gives a .
pinkbubblegum
quote:
Originally posted by nchs09

:stongue: I blame italiano-mexicanos
tubularbills
i do realize that we currently do not have the *greatest* person in office...but you can really find ty quotes from everyone that's been in office. i mean, for 's sake, Bill Clinton said, "What do you mean by IS?" :wtf:

Ronald Regan:

quote:
"My fellow Americans. I'm pleased to announce that I've signed legislation outlawing the Soviet Union. We begin bombing in five minutes." -joking during a mike check before his Saturday radio broadcast

Richard Nixon:

quote:
I am not a crook
^^^^^BIG :wtf:

politics aside, everyone that has been in office has ed up in one fashion or another. some, granted worse than others.
Lebezniatnikov
Reagan was clearly joking... Bush is not.

Also, this little gem was unearthed amidst a bunch of de-classified Pentagon tape recordings today:

quote:
DELONG: Politically, what are the challenges because you're not going to have a lot of sympathetic ears up there [in Congress].

RUMSFELD: That's what I was just going to say. This President's pretty much a victim of success. We haven't had an attack in five years. The perception of the threat is so low in this society that it's not surprising that the behavior pattern reflects a low threat assessment. The same thing's in Europe, there's a low threat perception. The correction for that, I suppose, is an attack. And when that happens, then everyone gets energized for another [inaudible] and it's a shame we don't have the maturity to recognize the seriousness of the threats...the lethality, the carnage, that can be imposed on our society is so real and so present and so serious that you'd think we'd be able to understand it, but as a society, the longer you get away from 9/11, the less...the less...
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by tubularbills
i do realize that we currently do not have the *greatest* person in office...but you can really find ty quotes from everyone that's been in office. i mean, for 's sake, Bill Clinton said, "What do you mean by IS?" :wtf:

Ronald Regan:

Richard Nixon:

^^^^^BIG :wtf:

politics aside, everyone that has been in office has ed up in one fashion or another. some, granted worse than others.

Theres a big difference between occasional blunder and 100% straight-forward standard operating procedure. The fact that these are serious replies and answers is immensly troubling.

Also, "what do you mean by is" could be a valid question within context. "I gave up golf to support families of dying soldiers" is just, ing, horrible.
gehzumteufel
Unfortunately. I really can't stand him. :(

quote:
Originally posted by Ang ' ela_ie
Collective United-Statesian. I dont think Chile gives a .

While I am not one to use "America" to refer to the US, even people from outside of the states call the US "America." You can't really change that if the world collectively calls "America" what we should be calling the US or USA.
sensorium
Elected and re-elected, sadly.

UmmiE
quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
Unfortunately. I really can't stand him. :(

No one does in their proper state of mind.He is the most hated president of the U.S.A.
gehzumteufel
quote:
Originally posted by UmmiE
No one does in their proper state of mind.He is the most hated president of the U.S.A.

Haha yeah.

I am moving to Canada! See you in the morning! I need a place to crash for a few weeks though. lol jk :p
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Privacy Statement