return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
When someone tries to "reconnect" with you via internet....
View this Thread in Original format
RJT
...and it's someone you really don't care to get reacquainted with, how do you deal with it?

I have clearly offended a former acquaintance who was really never anything more than a pot hookup (who totally ed over both myself and my friends on more than one occasion) by not accepting a Facebook friend request (oh noes!), and now I'm getting flack for it from a few people from that part of my life who I still remain in contact with.

My opinion of all of this is: :stongue:

...but I also don't really care to get lectured, sometimes by people I haven't spoken with in years, about somehow being a who doesn't want anything to do with former "friends."

Contrary to popular belief, more often than not I don't particularly treat the internet as serious business.
verndogs
I block people and then get on with my life :gsmile:
leebates1986
just ignore them, you should be used to doing it by now
pkcRAISTLIN
i hate people. if i wanted to be in contact with you i would've spoken to you in the last decade, tool. facebook.
Vivid Boy
YOU IN !

lol soo funny u mention this i feel like such a fool. asked some chick to go for coffee from my past that i reconnect with on msn..and i got thesilent treatment ROFL
Lira
I think I only refused two friendship requests over social sites: one was a psycho ex, and the other was a girl whose mother talked about nothing but careers... and just thinking of her made my head hurt.
RJT
Yes, I am generally used to ignoring folks - but meh, when a handful of people force the issue, that becomes a bit more tricky - especially when even one of them is actually a good friend.
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by RJT
Yes, I am generally used to ignoring folks - but meh, when a handful of people force the issue, that becomes a bit more tricky - especially when even one of them is actually a good friend.

Can't you be honest and explain to this good friend that you really don't want to associate with this other guy any more?
Zild
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Can't you be honest and explain to this good friend that you really don't want to associate with this other guy any more?

That is what I would do. He should have taken a hint from being blocked, but sometimes it helps to explain to the person that you don't consider them friends and you feel they were a dick back when you did keep contact with them.
RJT
quote:
Originally posted by Lira

Yes, and I have, but unfortunately the situation is complicated by the fact that the two of them grew up together and my friend cuts this kid an incredible amount of slack - so he feels like it's almost an insult to him for me to say " this other kid."

Just drama, drama, drama - and out of ing nowhere.

Zild
Meh just ignore!
MeLLyMeL
I am fake.

I know it's bad. My boyfriend gives me . But I am a girl and feel I should be. lol.

I don't wanna be a TOTAL bitch.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 
Privacy Statement