return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Other > Political Discussion / Debate

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Da Book Recommendations Thread inda Houze.. (pg. 16)
View this Thread in Original format
MrSquirrel
Time to add a bit more from the world of MrSquirrel's reading habits.

The Hyperion saga by Dan Simmons:

Hyperion
Fall of Hyperion
Endymion
Rise of Endymion (have not read this one yet but it continues Endymion and I am sure it will be good)

If you read the firs ttwo you will definitely be suspicious of those two guys that made the Matrix films and how "original" their idea really was. :eek:

MrS
oDrori
quote:
Originally posted by DJ-Dank-Poo
"Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintanence" - Robert M. Pirsig

Heh, I was just thinking of getting to read this one! Dad seems to have liked it :)

I'd recommend "The Age Of Thinking Machines" by Ray Kurtzwille... Actually didn't quite catch me on it's main subject but the general stuff that surrounds it was quite interesting to read.
Cyrus King
I just discovered GUNS GERMS & STEEL By Jared Diamond.
Essentially, it examines why societies are so different around the globe by analyzing the historical, environmental and industrial factors throughout the continents.

For example, he goes on to illustrate the factors that let europeans become more industrialized as opposed to Africans.
smokeape
Read the Bible and repent you Hoser!

HAHHAHHAAAAA!!!!
Your favorite redneck...
:D
[[[smoke]]]
kaffeemeister
As many have said before, 1984 by George Orwell is an awesome book, it's a must read!!! Talks about an futuristic autocratic society. Starship Troopers is another book in similar vein, however it's more sci-fi and still has the same type of theme i reckon.
Fahrenheit 451 by Bradbury is another great read as well.

Rene' Descartes: Discourse on Methods
Machiavelli - The Prince
Plata - The Republic
Confucious's Analects
Sir Thomas More - Utopia
Achtung Panzer - Heinz Guderian (Miltary Theory on Mobile Armoured Warfare)
Sun Tzu - The Art of War
Armor Attacks : The Tank Platoon - John Antal
On War - By Clauswitz...(dunno if it's spelt right or not)
Galapidate
Gonna start reading Robert Reich's new book called "Reason."
tathi
quote:
Originally posted by kaffeemeister
Starship Troopers is another book in similar vein, however it's more sci-fi and still has the same type of theme i reckon.

ahh, Robert Heinlein - Starship Troopers, greatest satirical writer in history imo
TranceGiant
Anyone read the Clinton biography yet?
Izzy
quote:
Originally posted by TranceGiant
Anyone read the Clinton biography yet?

its like 900 and some pages... and with no real plot twists or surprises i doubt i'll find the motivation to read it
Cyrus King
quote:
Originally posted by smokeape
Read the Bible and repent you Hoser!

HAHHAHHAAAAA!!!!
Your favorite redneck...
:D
[[[smoke]]]

I would rather burn it and laugh as it becomes what it should .... a worthless pile of ash

tathi
Viktor Frankl - Mans Search For Meaning
Trancer-X
quote:
Originally posted by Izzy
its like 900 and some pages... and with no real plot twists or surprises i doubt i'll find the motivation to read it

I wonder if it talks at all about Vince Foster?
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 
Privacy Statement