return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Emo-What kind of high schooler were you?
View this Thread in Original format
Slylee
ok i now know exactly what it is...or at least i think i do.

anyway, let me just start by saying that the whole time i was reading the term on TA, i was pronouncing it like e.m.o. not like eemoh. hahah i didn't realize that.

anyway, my friend likes indie rock and some "emo" stuff and she burned me a CD and i am absolutely obsessed with Bloc Party's "Banquet". i just hop around in my car with that song blasting every morning now and i'm in the best mood when i get to work.

i'm emo! :D

who else is a closest emo? don't lie.

nou we already know about u:p
UWM
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17116
ZeJayMan
Bloc Party aren't emo, Emo is short for Emotional Hardcore Rock.

I don't like Bloc Party but they ain't Emo and neither am I.
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by UWM
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17116

:stongue:

Bloc Party isn't emo?
ZeJayMan
nah, Bloc Party are ty indie...

I'm not trying to be a dick just let you know...

Emo has whiney voices, heavy guitars and absolutely nothing to say for themselves apart from how hard done by they are...
Slylee
quote:
Originally posted by ZeJayMan
nah, Bloc Party are ty indie...

I'm not trying to be a dick just let you know...

Emo has whiney voices, heavy guitars and absolutely nothing to say for themselves apart from how hard done by they are...

oh ok.

no you're not being a dick, it's just your opinion.

my dad always tells me that opinions are like s...everyone's got one and they all stink.

so feel free to hijack my thread since i was wrong.

so i guess i like indie rock.

oh yea and i love the gorillaz too.
StanVoid
Slylee listen to a bootleg mix I did of THIS emo song, one of my favs:

Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body (Stan Void Bootleg Mix)

it's like ... trance and emo in one ... wow.
Slylee
hahah ok i think i know what emo is now...

lyrics like, "SCHOOL SUCKS! I'm grounded again...MOM why are u making my life suck? there's a girl at school and she doesn't even know i'm alive! why does my life suck?"

hahaha

in that whiney Blink182 voice?
UWM
quote:
Originally posted by Slylee

lyrics like, "SCHOOL SUCKS! I'm grounded again...MOM why are u making my life suck? there's a girl at school and she doesn't even know i'm alive! why does my life suck?"

hahaha

Ding Ding Ding! :)
DJ RJT
quote:

hahaha

^^Coincidentally, this is also just how I feel when I listen to most of what you've described above :)

Slylee
haha yea i don't really like that stuff either.

what about Green Day? Honestly, i can't f'n stand his voice or any of their songs really.

stanvoid, i'll listen, but i guess i don't like emo and i certainly don't like trance:wtf:

*edit*

actually, i'll listen later, i can't really hear it now i'm at work.
StanVoid
quote:
haha yea i don't really like that stuff either.

what about Green Day? Honestly, i can't f'n stand his voice or any of their songs really.

stanvoid, i'll listen, but i guess i don't like emo and i certainly don't like trance:wtf:

greenday sucks for the most part, but i really liked their summer song 'when september ends' the video to that was awesome too.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Privacy Statement