return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Portugal - Holland (June 25th) (Round of 16) [D1-C2]
View this Thread in Original format
bidor
its definatly gonna be a great game! im hoping for the dutch to win this.

Go Holland!!!!

:) :) :)
Eddie N MIAMI
w00t go Naranja Mecanica
sephywiggin
quote:
Originally posted by Jantjeuh
Unfortunately Portugal have made a lot more progress with their team than we did, so I doubt we will win this one. I fear this is gonna be like the EC 2004 semi final all over again. Hopefully people will then realize Van Basten is and bring a quality coach in.

2-1

:nervous: :eek: :( :confused: :eyespop:
Dj_Day-V
I feel sorry for Portugal that they most go home monday. ;)
Eddie N MIAMI
quote:
It's more likely that we will be the ones going home dude.. or haven't you watched any of our matches so far?

the last match didnt count
the 1st match while the team was warming up Robben took over and beat a serbia squad that still wasnt in shambles, and they beat a good Ivory Coast team.
then again keep speaking negative, when I do that my teams usually win :confused:
Dj_Day-V
quote:
It's more likely that we will be the ones going home dude.. or haven't you watched any of our matches so far?

Just wait, we'll see ;)
Eddie N MIAMI
quote:
You forget to mention that Ivory Coast totally dominated the entire 2nd half vs. us and got denied two 100% penalties :haha: Yes, we won vs. Serbia.. but then again, Serbia are total e as their game vs. Argentina proved.

I'm not being negative, I'm being realistic. Our current squad is playing like and we don't deserve to be in the quarter finals if we keep this up.

:(
Eddie N MIAMI
but lets not forget Portugal hasnt exactly been all that either,Mexico coudve very easily won that game if they hadnt killed themselves, and the other 2 matches were meh
paranoik0
Like I said in other threads, I don't see many differences between us and Holland, can easily go either way. One thing that worries me is the idea over here that Holland wil fit us because they're supposedly a romantic all-out-attack team.. when against Ivory Coast they looked like freakin' Italy only caring about defending the result.

I think this change of mentality is actually positive for Holland, I credit Van Basten for it, and it might very well be the reason for us to be knocked out.
zoric
I'm with Paranoik0 on this one, Go Portugal!

Unique2701
50-50. It could go either way. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland would go home, as much as I'd love to see them win..
basvh
Typical Dutch negative talking by Jantjeuh.

Last few tournaments we did play good but never managed to win anything and everytime in the last seconds or by penaltys we got kicked out.

This time Van Basten is concentrating more on the defence and finally the squad is a solid team. All players are running their ass of for the team. Now everybody in the Netherlands is nagging that we aren't playing good enough. Well the matches aren't pretty but we are winning, that's the most important thing.

The only fault van Basten made is keeping our topscorer KJ Huntelaar home.

Tomorrow it will be a 2-1 victory by Holland
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Privacy Statement