return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
2009 US Open (Tennis)
View this Thread in Original format
chimera66
it's that time again :D! Can't wait to watch all this unfold these next two weeks.

Safina better win this one. She’s been #1 for a year now and had steady results, it’s time she actually wins a major. Her biggest competition is Jankovic who beat her in Cincinnati. I don’t want to see Jankovic advance to the final and get destroyed like she did last year.

Serena better not win this one but her quarter doesn’t look terribly difficult. She raises her level of play at the four majors so can’t say I’ll be surprised if she rolls through. Pennetta has played well this summer so looking to see her meet Serena in the quarters.

Venus has a decent quarter if doesn’t self-destruct, although Clijsters should make this quarter of the draw interesting. Don’t expect either Azarenka or Radwanska to make too much of an impression. Hopefully Venus will get back to where she was a couple weeks ago when she looked in control of her matches.

Dementieva’s quarter includes Sharapova, Kuznetsova and Woziacki. Kuznetsova hasn’t had a great summer and Dementieva has already beaten the other two. The most interesting matchup is Dementieva-Sharapova and too bad it could happen so early in the tournament.

Federer is Federer can’t really look at who he will play because he’s better than everyone else. He lost once since winning the French so don’t really see him losing to anyone at the US Open which makes the men’s side of the draw oh so damn boring.

Murray will probably make it far again, can’t say I’m happy that he took the #2 spot from Nadal but I actually think his quarter has some players who could make it more difficult to make it far. Del Potro for one has played well this summer although he did withdraw from a tournament recently and the last tournament he played he lost to Murray.

Djokovic has Roddick in his draw. If they eventually meet it should be entertaining just as long as it doesn’t turn into Montreal Part 2 where everything went horribly wrong for Djokovic and it just got boring to watch. Verdasco just won New Haven so he could prevent Djokovic-Roddick and can’t say I’d be disappointed.

Nadal despite his injuries seems to up to making a decent run at this. Don’t think he’s ready to win here but if he can make past Tsonga that would be a victory in itself especially since Tsonga is one of the few to actually beat Federer this year. Gonzalez is in this quarter and since I love him hope he does relatively well ;)

c0r version: my quick little review of each quarter of this year’s US Open. I want to see another Federer – Nadal final with another Nadal victory but since this is his 3rd tournament since coming back not sure if that’s a real possibility. I’m ok with a re-match of last year’s final. As for the ladies, that hooker Safina better win although I wouldn’t put money on it. As long as Serena doesn’t win, I like Venus better although she makes me want to throw something at the TV more times than not. Dementieva is due to win one major too so maybe this could be her year. Either way I want either of the two Russian women to win, it would mean more to them.

Frenkieee
Thanks for the heads up, had totally forgotten about this.

Federer and Dementieva for the win.
Mr.Mystery
http://tranceaddict.com/forums/foru...p?s=&forumid=36
TranceOwnsLol
Tsonga/Murray/Fed for men's, Ivanovic/Sharapova for women's.
LeopoldStotch
my favorite major of the year followed by wimbledon a close second. i love the atmosphere, energy, and enthusiasm, and i get to play "where's waldo?" :D
denys envy
i could see sharapova sneaking in there. explain to me how a person that's never won a grand slam is ranked #1? that's ed.

oh and federer is a class act.
trunks1022
yes i'll be there. again.
LeopoldStotch
quote:
Originally posted by trunks1022
yes i'll be there. again.

chimera66
quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
i could see sharapova sneaking in there. explain to me how a person that's never won a grand slam is ranked #1? that's ed.

oh and federer is a class act.

her arm won't make it two weeks and doesn't help that she's changed her serve and it hasn't been consistent and no way she can win this serving the way she has been.

as for safina i think people shouldn't get so down on her because with the exception of the 4 majors toward the end of the tournaments she plays well every where.
yukii
Nadal!!

stren
Nadal is back, great we'll see how he goes now.

Go Roger Go Radwanska :D
Nostalgic
Federer or Roddick's going to take this one.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Privacy Statement