return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2012 / Miami Music Week 2012

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 
UMF 2012: Pre Planning (pg. 8)
View this Thread in Original format
civicstyle
quote:
Originally posted by anomalies
Hey everyone, and was wondering about transportation from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. I'm in the process of figuring out transportation from LA to Florida, and I've noticed that its cheaper to fly into Ft. Lauder than it is Miami, and was looking into the Tri-Rail as possible transportation.

Would this be a feasible idea or would it be too much of a hassle. Anyone have any experience with this?

I usually fly into FLL and just pay the $18-$21 bucks or so to take a shuttle to my hotel/condo in SoBe every year. Then call the a day before to schedule pickup for the same price. Or you can do the Tri-Rail thing...
drEamer
we usually rent a car, makes it alot easier, although it does cost more....thinking about the shuttle this year....5 people will cost lke 130 round trip.......but then we wont be able to go to get the good Pho up north...hmmmm
civicstyle
Yea, renting a car has it's advantages when in a group but the parking can be trick sometimes if you want close parking to where you are on SoBe.
drEamer
we always rent a condo with a parking spot..not on south beach tho...we stay downtown so we dont have to drive drunk...LOL
civicstyle
I see, never booked in downtown before.
drEamer
quote:
Originally posted by civicstyle
I see, never booked in downtown before.
a few advantages i see with downtown......its generally newer, cheaper, and within walkin distance to most of the clubs i would attend...Space, Ice palace, ETC
ChurchOfArmin
I'm assuming we will be seeing the Phase 1 Line-Up this Friday since it was the time they released it last year. Let's hope so....
PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by ChurchOfArmin
I'm assuming we will be seeing the Phase 1 Line-Up this Friday since it was the time they released it last year. Let's hope so....

dont we need 18 teasers about phase 1 first?
element-y
exactly. once teasers are out wait 2 weeks for the post.
Zeppan
Hey, 2 friends of mine are staying at the starlite hotel on SoBe

however we were really planning to book a hotel with a pool.. but ofcourse its always more fun to live at the same hotel aswell so i'm kind of wondering if any of you umf vets could give me more feedback on pool versus no pool and if starlite is even an okay place to stay!

question 2. How do u get in to all the poolparties and afterparties etc... are they always open for all or do you have to stay at the hotel /know someone? I'm expecting atleast that most of the parties have some sort of admission fee... how much is this in average?

question 3. When do clubs close *aka* how much sleep time do u get inbetween afterparty to poolparty too ultra again :p

PatMcGroin
quote:
Originally posted by Zeppan
Hey, 2 friends of mine are staying at the starlite hotel on SoBe

however we were really planning to book a hotel with a pool.. but ofcourse its always more fun to live at the same hotel aswell so i'm kind of wondering if any of you umf vets could give me more feedback on pool versus no pool and if starlite is even an okay place to stay!

question 2. How do u get in to all the poolparties and afterparties etc... are they always open for all or do you have to stay at the hotel /know someone? I'm expecting atleast that most of the parties have some sort of admission fee... how much is this in average?

question 3. When do clubs close *aka* how much sleep time do u get inbetween afterparty to poolparty too ultra again :p

regarding starlite, you'll find better information on tripadvisor than here.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ch_Florida.html

theres always so much going on during wmc that i dont really think it matters if you have a pool or not. i mean how much time are you really going to spend there or in your room? but if its really important to you to lounge out at your own hotel by the pool then by all means book one with a hotel.

almost any party worth going to you have to pay for including after parties and pool parties. tickets will become available as wmc draws closer. stay here for all information as it becomes available. we usually have the best collection on the net of wmc information right here.

you dont have to stay at a certain hotel to access its parties, but some hotels, like the surfcomber+shelborne i think will give you free entrance to their parties if you're staying in their hotel. not worth it imo unless you wanna overpay for a basic room and plan on partying in the same spot all week long. its much easier to just buy a ticket to a party you want to attend there and then head over. much cheaper at the end of the day too. but hey some people love the convenience and ease of it, so if thats your thing, then by all means go for it. prices really vary. the bigger parties will always be more expensive and the smaller ones much cheaper. just buy your tickets early and you'll always save money before the prices increase a few times. also remember a lot of parties sell out, so dont wait until the last minute.

clubs on miami beach will mostly close at 5am. sometimes they either push it a bit or they are granted extensions by the city but generally expect 5am. in downtown, like at space for example, the party will keep going as long as the club is making money. space has a 24 hour liquor license and very often stays open until the late afternoon. how much sleep you get is up to you. you could very easily party 24 hours for more than a few days in a row. the best advice i can give is to pace yourself. remember, wmc is a marathon not a sprint. dont kill yourself trying to do everything because no matter how hard you try its simply not possible.

hope this helps.
PatMcGroin
well from fb:
quote:
PHASE ONE Line Up Announcement...

ULTRA 2012 Is Almost Completely Sold Out.... There are an extremely limited amount of tickets remaining.... ULTRA Has Sold Out The Last Two Years And Will Sell Out Again...

Due to the EXTREMELY LIMITED SUPPLY OF AVAILABLE TICKETS we have decided to release our line up a bit different this year. We're about to drop the largest Phase One Line Up in Ultra Music Festival history!

We have a new venue, new artists, new stages and many more surprises lined up for 2012!

PHASE ONE IS COMING SOMETIME WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK!!! Stay Connected… #IMMINENT

https://www.facebook.com/ultrafanpa...150439774702739
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 
Privacy Statement