return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
How long and how often do you talk to your parents?
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
Obviously if you see them everyday then that doesn't count, but I was wondering how much people talk to their parents when living far from them?

I talk to my mom about twice a week, usually around 10-20 minutes.

I talk to my dad maybe once a week, usually around 5 minutes, though we go to lunch sometimes as well, and I'll see him at our cabin on the weekends.
srussell0018
Through email once a week maybe. On the phone maybe once or twice a month.
Spacey Orange
10 miles is not far away nou.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
10 miles is not far away nou.

Its 30 miles, and in traffic its like an hour. Its more than a casual drive over to say hi.
OrangestO
Ah man. Visiting my dad right now and it really is great.

He's so ing smart, so just sitting and listening to him while we converse about the world, life, etc. is just awesome. I absorb so much.

Before this trip we barely talked, exchanged emails here and there. I plan to change that, though, and make sure we keep in contact through Skype more often.
Frenkieee
I live half a mile away. I go over there for dinner around once a week. Talk to my mom over the phone once a week or so, nothing special.
Silky Johnson
I used to talk to my mom every few days on the telephone, and would visit her for an hour or two every week. Last year her health declined very rapidly and she now lives in a long term care facility - she barely talks at all, just lots of smiles and nods. So I visit her about once every week or two and we just sit. I will braid her hair or do her nails...put cream on her hands and feet, but yeah there isn't really much talking. :p
Banora
Haven't spoken to my mother in almost a decade, and I finally kicked my father out of my life at the end of February. :)
Vector A
About once a week, usually about ten to twenty minutes. But my dad can get pretty chatty sometimes and the call will end up lasting like forty minutes.

I remember when my brother and I were little kids and my dad would see a friend at random in the store or something, and we would have to wait there for half an hour as they chatted away, which feels like an eternity when you're six years old, lol.
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
About once a week, usually about ten to twenty minutes. But my dad can get pretty chatty sometimes and the call will end up lasting like forty minutes.

I remember when my brother and I were little kids and my dad would see a friend at random in the store or something, and we would have to wait there for half an hour as they chatted away, which feels like an eternity when you're six years old, lol.

My dad is usually brief on the phone, but he can chat anyone up for a long ass time in person, especially if they get on to the subject of his work... He loves talking about his work.

Lira
I visit my rents every week.
Redd
mom calls me like every two weeks, we chat for like 5-10 minutes. I visit her on average once every three months.

dad can call me whenever to ask about something relating to computers or internet. this can happen three times a day, for three days. then nothing for weeks. usually the chats goes for less than 5 minutes, but once in a while he goes philosophical on my ass and we chat for hours.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Privacy Statement