return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
Gorgeous girls are happier with plain guys?
View this Thread in Original format
Abercrombie
quote:

Why gorgeous girls are happier with plain guys

He's had many an unkind comment about his looks when set against the radiant beauty of girlfriend Sienna Miller.

But Rhys Ifans seems likely to have the last laugh because psychologists reckon that happier marriages result from attractive women who wed uglier men.

And women who marry handsome men had better watch out. Men who saw themselves as better looking than their wives were more likely to be disgruntled and have negative feelings about their marriage, experts found.

Rhys Ifans has it made with beautiful fiancée Sienna Miller

The University of Tennessee study leaves 40-year-old Ifans set fair if, as expected, he marries 26-year-old Sienna this year, and it might also explain a few other couples such as Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas and Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller.

The Tennessee team tested 82 newly-wed couples for facial attractiveness and the quality of their marriage.

Their results, in the Journal of Family Psychology, suggested most men who married attractive women were happy to bask in the glory of their partner's beauty.

Marilyn Monroe and Arthur Miller had what it takes to be a perfect match according to scientists

But Professor Jim McNulty reported: "Men who were more attractive than their partner demonstrated a tendency to offer less emotional and practical support to their wives."

He said "evolutionary perspectives" offered an explanation.

"Attractive men have available to them more short-term mating opportunities.

"This may make them less satisfied and less committed to the marital relationship."

Strathclyde University psychologist Alastair Ross said many men enjoyed the prestige of having a beautiful wife.

"Men are rated as more likeable and friendly when they have a wife who is very attractive," he added.

Gorgeous Catherine Zeta Jones is blissfully happy with older husband Michael Douglas

source

I'd like to add Rick Ocasek and Paulina Poriszkova

So I am curious to hear from the ladies here about this fares true with you or not.

Is there truly hope for us average guys?
Dr. DAS
! Now I wish I wasn't so god-damn handsome.
English Rachel
I have always said that personality is more important than looks/body shape... Women are far more attracted to persona and care than aesthetics so yes, I would agree wholeheartedly with the article.

Obviously, to see the beauty of someone's personality, you have to get to know them and to get to know them, there usually has to be SOME attraction.

Women are just built differently to men.

Although I have it all with Adam :) I am one of the lucky ones, he has no idea how handsome he is lol
Intangible
Silly Abercrombie.... Ofcourse theres hope for all guys.

Gorgeous girls also look for:
*Big wallets
*Nice cars
*Big penises

And on a slightly more serious note hopefully these girls are looking for a guy with a BIG HEART :)
FunkyCrew
quote:
Originally posted by English Rachel
he has no idea how handsome he is lol

those usually are the best :) humble and adorable <3
Intangible
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew

agreed... theres nothing cuter than a guy that doesnt see how handsome he actually is. And then when you tell him he gets all embarassed and cute :) I love that
FunkyCrew
quote:
Originally posted by Intangible
agreed... theres nothing cuter than a guy that doesnt see how handsome he actually is. And then when you tell him he gets all embarassed and cute :) I love that

me too :D
Cosmic Fur
Thread ruined by women.
RobotHouse
quote:
Originally posted by FunkyCrew

what about jaded and full of acrimony?
FunkyCrew
quote:
Originally posted by RobotHouse
what about jaded and full of acrimony?