return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
wow, I am f*(&ing PISSED.
View this Thread in Original format
squirrelly
There is a line you just don't f&*%ing cross when you're "best friends". My friend is getting married to a douchebag, and I was invited to be the maid of honor. Well, I backed out of that because of health issues (didn't know if I'd be in the hospital at the time of wedding), and so went down to "guest". My mom, boyfriend, and I were all going to go together.

I just get off the phone with her and she tells me her fiance is un-inviting my boyfriend, because he doesn't know him. (mind you, we have tried to get together with them before but unless we drive the 45 min to go see them, they won't meet up... they refuse to meet 1/2 way. And when we did meet them halfway, douchebag fiance couldn't even say hello to my boyfriend)

WTF is that? That's like me saying "oh, I'm getting married. PS your husband can't come because my fiance doesn't like him." Seriously? That's so rude. Especially since my boyfriend was the ONLY person to take care of me after I got sick/had surgery.

PLUS, she's been a ty friend lately.

c0re version: supposed BFF un-invited my boyfriend to her stupid wedding because her "fiance" said so. Should I say "f" wedding and "f" you to not good friend anymore?

//edit

another tidbit of info: BF & I will have been together well over a year by time of wedding, and exact words of doucebag fiance is "I don't want to pay $30 for him to eat at MY wedding"
Yan
Your friend sucks.

On the bright side, you get to be single for a night, if so you choose. :gsmile:
Meat187
quote:
Originally posted by squirrelly
I just get off the phone with her and she tells me her fiance is un-inviting my boyfriend, because he doesn't know him.

Well, after all it's his wedding. It's not like she has anything to say, like invite guests she wants to come.
Just call back and say you won't be coming if your bf isn't.
Krypton
Clovis
em both imo.
Yan
quote:
Originally posted by Clovis
em both imo.

This can't be literally performed unless they both go to the wedding. Derp.
DJ_Eternal
It was pretty pathetic of your friend's fiance not to even try and make nice and be friendly with your boyfriend. Aren't you allowed to bring someone along with you anyway regardless as part of the invitation? I would bring him along anyway if that's the case.

It's your best friend's big day, but she should also respect you enough to know how much your boyfriend means to you and she should have passed that message onto her fiance before meeting halfway. They hadn't even met so what valid reason does he have for not liking him, apart from heresay.

I'd be tempted to call and cancel just to prove a point here and show how much this hurt.
Yan
I got it.

Decide to take back being Maid of Honor. Then tell them everything is dandy. Never show up.
squirrelly
No, they HAVE met... and when they did her fiance wouldn't even introduce himself, just walked by and ignored him (didn't even ask me how I was doing, even though I was 4 days after my surgery)

They have a "no guest unless you've been together over a year" policy... but we have been, so wtf?
In The Lobby
quote:
Originally posted by Yan
I got it.

Decide to take back being Maid of Honor. Then tell them everything is dandy. Never show up.

+1

Yohan
I'd just not show up.

her and her twat of a bf
Clovis
quote:
Originally posted by squirrelly
No, they HAVE met... and when they did her fiance wouldn't even introduce himself, just walked by and ignored him (didn't even ask me how I was doing, even though I was 4 days after my surgery)

They have a "no guest unless you've been together over a year" policy... but we have been, so wtf?

Tell her to off imo.

Not worth keeping friends like that.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Privacy Statement