return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Male-Female Friendships
View this Thread in Original format
SYSTEM-J
I've often heard it spoken around the COR that there's no such thing as a totally platonic friendship between men and women and that in any friendship between a man and a woman, at least one party is attracted to the other.

I mention this because I saw one of my old friends from school again last night, and despite knowing her for five years now and being friends all through that time I've never wanted to sleep with her and nothing has ever happened.

I do have other friendships with girls that I'm pretty sure are completely platonic, but they are usually friendships of convenience- people I share seminars with and so on where it's a somewhat manufactured friendship born out of being forced to spend time together. You know the kind of thing: people you probably wouldn't have any interest in but since you work together or can't avoid this person a friendship is necessary so it isn't a perpetually awkward social situation.

This friendship is different though- we live in different towns and there's no reason why we have to get on with each other. I'm pretty convinced it's compelling evidence against the COR logic on relationships and friendships.

COR version: Man and woman are friends without wanting to bang each other. Impossible?
astroboy
Possible, once you have reached a certain point of maturity.
zag2me
Impossible, I was friends with an attractive girl for about a year, just going out and partying every so often. Ended up banging her after a drunken night, hasn't been the same since :(
colonelcrisp
i was thinking about this the other day and while its fine and dandy to try in and kid yourself that you can have a completely platonic relationship, i think deep down there is always some kind of sexual tension in man-woman friendships.....

point in case, i ended up sleeping with one of my best friends on Saturday night lol.

If you have a very close friendship with someone you are basically in a relationship with no sex anyways....
eROs.au
i dont know but i am very very good friends with my mates girlfriend and yes i do like her, hell maybe even love her but i would never do anything to up their relationship.
Leon

to be honest i just went through a bad crush n fall, i guess the 'she' wanted to be really good friends. well fug THAT

:whip:

had enough of all these friendship politics
pkcRAISTLIN
quote:
Originally posted by colonelcrisp
point in case, i ended up sleeping with one of my best friends on Saturday night lol.

has it made things weird between you and him?
tubularbills
nah its possible. nothing wrong with having good guy and/or girl friends without wanting to do anything sexual with them.
Ian
it's very much possible imo. my best two friends are girls who i don't have any attraction to whatsoever, just share interests with. There's always going to be ones which do have the 'one person interested' thing but it's just as possible for it to be the other.
colonelcrisp
quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
has it made things weird between you and him?

ha ha ha funny you kiwi !

actually things between me and HER are just fine.

Ian can you honestly say, that given the opportunity, that you wouldn't shag one of your chick friends even if there was absolutely no chance negative impacts on your friendship?

Ian
quote:
Originally posted by colonelcrisp
ha ha ha funny you kiwi !

actually things between me and HER are just fine.

Ian can you honestly say, that given the opportunity, that you wouldn't shag one of your chick friends even if there was absolutely no chance negative impacts on your friendship?

with those two, definitely not. I'm not attracted to them physically and would rather have them as long-term mates. There are some female friends where I obviously would but everyone has that.
colonelcrisp
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
with those two, definitely not. I'm not attracted to them physically and would rather have them as long-term mates. There are some female friends where I obviously would but everyone has that.

hrmm im skeptical..... go knock back 8 pints then come back on TA and answer my question again.....
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Privacy Statement