return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
FAO: Lira - 21 Accents
View this Thread in Original format
Joss Weatherby
Probably a repost, but still fun.

The Seattle accent is pretty dead on. We speak the most neutral english evar!
Sushipunk
Definitely a repost, and the initial thread was dedicated to Lira as well :p
Lira
Woohoo, I've got two threads in the 1st page posted specially for me! :D

Good to know you think she got it right in your case: I've always wanted to know if the TA's from these places could really relate to the way she speaks.

ps.: Ironically enough, I posted the very same video just a few hours ago in another thread, but it was rather just me and Chimney chatting :p
-FSP-
Lira's girlfriend is awesome. :D
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by -FSP-
Lira's girlfriend is awesome. :D

Indeed she is! I've got to give her the link to these threads though, I don't think I've ever told her about Amy Walker :toothless
Lira
quote:
Originally posted by Joss Weatherby
We speak the most neutral english evar!

Ps.: No, you don't. But that's simply because no one does ;)
Joss Weatherby
Holy now that I see the Youtube cap I realize I already saw this posted someplace and decided not to watch it cause it looked dumb. :p
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Ps.: No, you don't. But that's simply because no one does ;)

In terms of easy understanding and a basis for what should be taught as the standard for American English we do. We dont have any of the crazy ass regional shifts and and we have a fully merged caught-cot merger (which is the right way to do it IMO).
Lira
quote:
In terms of easy understanding and a basis for what should be taught as the standard for American English we do. We dont have any of the crazy ass regional shifts and and we have a fully merged caught-cot merger (which is the right way to do it IMO).

Of course it's the right way to do it for you, that's how you've heard it being pronounced for your whole life :p
Sushipunk
quote:
American English

There's the problem! :p

ModernNosferatu
quote:

Of course you do Starbucks
Joss Weatherby
quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Of course it's the right way to do it for you, that's how you've heard it being pronounced for your whole life :p

Yes, but, in terms of an international standard for American english it should be the west coast english accents because it is the most known and understood due to hollywood. PNW specific should really be the specific of the west coast because it doesn't have some of the odd california style tricks that they add in (there are some very odd little things people from california will add to words sometimes, but you do not see them in movies).
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Privacy Statement