return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Main Forums > Chill Out Room

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Sexuality/Gender Norms
View this Thread in Original format
prolikewhoa
i'm sure most TAs are straight males, but i am curious as to what your thoughts and opinions are on sexuality and gender identity. are gender norms too rigid? for example, boys are socialized to be tough, strong, never cry, etc. girls are socialized to idealize marriage and love, to be attractive, to not be TOO smart, etc. also, on the question of gender identity... where are the lines between gay/straight? do you think it's either/or or a sliding scale?

lots of tragic stories in the news this week about lgbt suicides and transgender murders in d.c.... thought it might be a relevant topic.

discuss.
Moongoose
inb4 nefardec
david.michael
Gay sex is gross unless they're lesbians.
Silky Johnson
I had a horrific nightmare last night that Avana was abused then killed. I woke myself out of my sleep yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" :(
shaw
quote:
Originally posted by prolikewhoa
i'm sure most TAs are straight males, but i am curious as to what your thoughts and opinions are on sexuality and gender identity. are gender norms too rigid? for example, boys are socialized to be tough, strong, never cry, etc. girls are socialized to idealize marriage and love, to be attractive, to not be TOO smart, etc. also, on the question of gender identity... where are the lines between gay/straight? do you think it's either/or or a sliding scale?

lots of tragic stories in the news this week about lgbt suicides and transgender murders in d.c.... thought it might be a relevant topic.

discuss.

U look like a gay.
prolikewhoa
quote:
Originally posted by david.michael
Gay sex is gross unless they're lesbians.

/typical straight male response
Vector A
Gay sex is gross unless they weigh over 600 pounds combined.
SYSTEM-J
Sore subject for me.
Chimney
This is a complex subject with involves a lot especially family background since they shape these ideologies when we are children and we remain with most of these our entire lives.

I believe that each individual should be able to choose for oneself exactly what suits one best, regardless of social and "moral" norms, because the most important thing is to be happy. With this, I can say I'm straight as an arrow, but do not judge, cringe of look weird upon homosexuals or transgenders, although to be honest I haven't met many to this day.

I've talked to Avana a bit and told I respect her decision and admire her strength. Not many would be able to to something like that.
kadomony
i actually just watched the "Genderbender" episode of X-Files last night.

so, there's that.

Halcyon+On+On
I love that one. Were they aliens or just mutants? Who knows!

Also, this guy is definitely a that guy!:

shaw
I didn't know Tim Allen and Gary Shandling had a son.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Privacy Statement