return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Chicago, Detroit & N. Central USA

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 
Wisco TA's unite!!! (pg. 22)
View this Thread in Original format
Daniel K
quote:
Originally posted by tylerc
(at least i think dan is going), so I wanna see my MWTAs!

i mentioned it a couple times in my posts about us bringing sandra to milwaukee....

and yes... the hamptons will be roadtrippin!
lücid
Danny check your PM ;)

Rob and i won't be making it out for Sandra but we miss you guys! once Rob's mono is all cured and we start thinking about summer plans, we'll for sure have to plan something... it's been too long!
DejaFua
haha
OZzz
quote:
Originally posted by DejaFua
DJ Maxx in association with IM.A.G.IN.E. Muzak & Dance and Dreams
Proudly Presents

"Beats In Motion"

Wednesday Nights @
Palace Latin Club 1401 University Ave
Madison,WI

18+
21+ to drink

$3 cover charge

$1.50 Tequila shots
$2.50 Bud/Bud light bottles

Electronic Dance Music All Night

Palace Latin Club is where the old Luther Blues used to be.
Its got a huge dance floor, great lighting and MASSIVE sound system!!!

Line up for tonight 5/10 will be

9-10:30 - Deep Project (progressive trance, trance) IM.A.G.IN.E. Muzak

10:30-12am - dejafua (progressive house/trance, trance, techno) IM.A.G.IN.E. Muzak

12am-close - DJ Maxx (trance)

Thanks for posting this. Its exciting to see a weekly event that I can actually go to. Madison is a great city to visit too.
OZzz
Did anyone else go to Sandra last night?

I went and had a pretty good time. To be honest I enjoyed Trents set more than i enjoyed Sandras. Before last night I hadnt really ever heard of Trent and didnt know what to expect, when he hit the decks it was pretty much pure energy. Im the kind of person that will react to watever the music does to me, and he had me dancing with a huge smile on my face. As for Sandra, her set was almost too "techy" for me. I dig her deep dark hard style but she really layed on some thick tech sounds. Thats ok in moderation but I kind of felt like it was a little much at times. Also, I would have to say that she wasnt exactly "on". I dont want to say she had trainwrecks or anything but it definitely seemed like she was ing up at times. None the less I had a really fun time. I thought it was cool just to get to see her spin live. She seemed like a sweetheart and wasnt completely trashed or anything like I have heard rumors about. All in all it was worth the $12 to get in.

On a side note..... there was like a million asian kids all crammed up front. A lot of the females were dancing which is great, but all the dudes were just standing around. It pissed me off a few times whe they would stand all close to me when I was trying to dance and give me no damn room. I dont claim to be good at dancing or anything, but its nice to be able to move to the music.

Were any other wisco TA's there?
tylerc
quote:
Originally posted by OZzz
Did anyone else go to Sandra last night?

I went and had a pretty good time. To be honest I enjoyed Trents set more than i enjoyed Sandras. Before last night I hadnt really ever heard of Trent and didnt know what to expect, when he hit the decks it was pretty much pure energy. Im the kind of person that will react to watever the music does to me, and he had me dancing with a huge smile on my face. As for Sandra, her set was almost too "techy" for me. I dig her deep dark hard style but she really layed on some thick tech sounds. Thats ok in moderation but I kind of felt like it was a little much at times. Also, I would have to say that she wasnt exactly "on". I dont want to say she had trainwrecks or anything but it definitely seemed like she was ing up at times. None the less I had a really fun time. I thought it was cool just to get to see her spin live. She seemed like a sweetheart and wasnt completely trashed or anything like I have heard rumors about. All in all it was worth the $12 to get in.

On a side note..... there was like a million asian kids all crammed up front. A lot of the females were dancing which is great, but all the dudes were just standing around. It pissed me off a few times whe they would stand all close to me when I was trying to dance and give me no damn room. I dont claim to be good at dancing or anything, but its nice to be able to move to the music.

Were any other wisco TA's there?

that's pretty much how i felt about the sets here in mpls on friday. trent tore the place up and then sandra kinda took a step backwards. she had a couple rough mixes here too.

glad you enjoyed the show tho. i was supposed to make the trip but decided not to at the last minute.
DejaFua
Yeah, I was there, I was one of the openers from 9:45-10:30. I enjoyed myself too but I actually had a really hard night the night before so I was feeling real sick. I just sat at the bar the whole night and dang! their drinks there costs as much as in Miami!! hehe! $7 beer & $7.50 for mixed drinks!! Overall though, it was a good night, glad I came out!!
glass
quote:
Originally posted by tylerc
that's pretty much how i felt about the sets here in mpls on friday. trent tore the place up and then sandra kinda took a step backwards. she had a couple rough mixes here too.

glad you enjoyed the show tho. i was supposed to make the trip but decided not to at the last minute.

Well I got to this show late and left early. So I can't really make a review of the show. I caught the last fourty minutes of trents set and the first twenty of saundra's. Not really enough time to get a good feel. I did enjoy the end of trents set and I was digging the begining of sandra's set. My gf was feeling a bit sick so we bailed.
neutron liar
I won free tix for Sandra this past Saturday. Not happy with that Trent guy, his set killed my drunk. Didn't get into his Techno.

Sandra was good. Not great but good. She dropped some familiar tunes. Loved the G+D in here set. I didn't think her skills were that bad, but she was very laid back as far as her job went. Seemed like she was tired from tour.

Yeah the crowd was odd. Not uncommon for the asian scene to have a night out. Not a big deal for me though. I didn't think that many people would be there in the first place.

Happy overall with the night.
glass
I was suprised they had the show in the side bar and not the main room, but it was the right amount of of space for the people that were there.

Omega_Blue
..so richie hawtin is coming to the mantra may 24. anyone going?
D-res
quote:
Originally posted by OZzz
I was there! that was my first real show... i went alone because none of my friends were into the music but i had to be there. i was right up front for all three of them, sober as a judge the whole time just loving the music and dancing my nuts off..... small world

haha. small world indeed. me, my ex and one of my friends were there too, also right up front pretty much right in front of the left speaker (left from the decks facing the crowd). hell of a night for sure. looks like the summerfest lineup this year is pretty weak. tortured soul is comin back which will be fun to check out but ill be spending most my time at summerfest drinking and watching bands. the DJ stage just doesnt look promising. im sure the local chitown DJs can pull a good set but i'll be with a friend who isnt really into this music so if its no big names, im not gonna bother. maybe we'll get lucky and they'll pull another rave venue...
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 
Privacy Statement