return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Ghana - USA (June 22nd 2006) [Group E] (pg. 11)
View this Thread in Original format
jonze234
quote:
Originally posted by InterMilan31
The following problems happend this tournament:

1. Was the media from the US point of view. They really blew thier expectations out of the water and turned a great tie with Italy into the greatest game ever yet they didnt beat them congrats on that:p

2. The Coaching was just dead awful. I believe for one of the matches he started Beasley who is by far their best player on the right to start some n00b on the left. Beasley had a tournament because of this and his manager didnt help him out one bit. I was shocked at that. Also how does Eddie Johnson who came on during the Czech game and showed his talent not get the nod not even once!! Its insane he is probably the biggest young talent in the MLS (adu sorry my fellow euros he is no where near ready).

3. The ways to fix it has to be the manager he needs to get sacked if he stays on I have no idea how he did it. I was quite impressed with the passion the US fans showed even though I still hate them gotta nod your head to them starting to get into footy.

4. Can they please enter the Copa America!!! I think what benefits most of these powerhouses is having big tournaments like this and the euro/copa america every 2 years. Bruce Arena has been the one to reject the chance to play in it and I believe its a mistake.

+1 i've been saying that arena is horrible for awhile now. he's a MLS coach not a national team coach. i still dont get the beasley situation. he's one of our best players and he has him out of position and then calls him out for having a bad game. and you are dead on about eddie johnson not starting. seriously bruce :wtf:
tempoman
quote:
Originally posted by fastmp3
honestly and overall, who deserves to go the 2nd round with italy : ghana or usa ?

the answer is obvious, no need to cry about the referee making calls. team usa sucks big time, time for you guys to get rid of bruce banana and stop callin the damn sport SOCCER.

When you've been raised your whole life with the sport being called soccer, it is not a big deal. I think people get too upset when its called soccer. They don't mean to disrespect the game in anyway. To cry about how the game is called is irrelevant, and focus should be on how its played.
zoric
This thread is hilarious and all thanks to a bad American team. I'm not even going to respond on Member's post there :haha:
InterMilan31
quote:
Originally posted by jonze234
+1 i've been saying that arena is horrible for awhile now. he's a MLS coach not a national team coach. i still dont get the beasley situation. he's one of our best players and he has him out of position and then calls him out for having a bad game. and you are dead on about eddie johnson not starting. seriously bruce :wtf:

yep man alot of ppl get me wrong about this whole USA "soccer" thing. I do hate america for reasons ill put aside for now but i really hate american "soccer". Alot of things bother me about it but anyway yes that is how i see it.

If he gets a pass for this its incredible. The biggest problem I have about the USA team is that most people dont take it serious enough (media included) so they get free pases. Its bull if you ask me. They were not prepared at all say what you want about them being but they arent that bad to have 1 pt and play like e!
LittleGoku
Bruce is history folks.
He even said it in the post conference.
only thing worth celebrating:stongue:
tempoman
quote:
Originally posted by zoric
This thread is hilarious and all thanks to a bad American team. I'm not even going to respond on Member's post there :haha:

USA
Saudi Arabia
Serbia + Montenegro
Costa Rica

They should all play each other now to decide the worst in the tournament :tongue3
zoric
quote:
Originally posted by tempoman
USA
Saudi Arabia
Serbia + Montenegro
Costa Rica

They should all play each other now to decide the worst in the tournament :tongue3

Certainly.

We were very bad and hands down to Argentina, Holland and Ivory Coast

But I hope we'll come back soon, we need it..:)
jonze234
quote:
yep man alot of ppl get me wrong about this whole USA "soccer" thing. I do hate america for reasons ill put aside for now but i really hate american "soccer". Alot of things bother me about it but anyway yes that is how i see it.

If he gets a pass for this its incredible. The biggest problem I have about the USA team is that most people dont take it serious enough (media included) so they get free pases. Its bull if you ask me. They were not prepared at all say what you want about them being but they arent that bad to have 1 pt and play like e!

i totally agree. the matches leading up the WC were just nuts. we looked absolutely horrible in the matches and showed no intensity or heart. this attitude carried over to the WC. if the US wants to get serious about the international game then they need to stop scheduling friendlies against jamaica, guatemala, panama, etc (i dont have anything against those teams but playing them constantly isnt going to make us a better team) and bring in some real teams to play against. it seems like all we've done is play those teams, pad our FIFA world ranking, and then tout this team as a world power. i dont care if we lose to teams in friendlies or competitions but at least get something out of the loss. we got absolutely nothing out of this world cup. players were out of position, young players werent given a chance, it was just horrible.
tempoman
quote:
Originally posted by zoric
Certainly.

We were very bad and hands down to Argentina, Holland and Ivory Coast

But I hope we'll come back soon, we need it..:)

I wanted Serbia and Holland to make it through :(. Especially watching Stankovic (sp?) in Serie A. Deserved a much better fate.
InterMilan31
yep i was trying to explain that to a friend of mine...national teams do the best when on form and the matches leading up to a tournament are soooo important. The US performed awful in them and that is what made me think that they would blow up during this tournament. Also with so many playing in europe now I cant see how they cant have more good friendlies against better competition.

Also Fifa wants the US to change its MLS schedule to a european fall-spring one. Which I can see being another + in USA Football

jonze234
quote:
Also Fifa wants the US to change its MLS schedule to a european fall-spring one. Which I can see being another + in USA Football

that would be difficult. i think a lot of the teams still use NFL stadiums and i dont think they would be able to schedule games during that time. i think that's one of the reasons why they play during the summer.
eROs.au
good work on ghana in qualifying
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 
Privacy Statement