return to tranceaddict TranceAddict Forums Archive > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > FIFA World Cup 2006 - Germany

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Italy - France (July 9th) [World Cup Final] (pg. 2)
View this Thread in Original format
CranberryJuice
haha yeah great sig malek !!!

:)
Dj Smitty20
quote:
Originally posted by evil_cookie
I got one word for you my friend : overrated.

I don't think Zidane can hear you because Jules Rimet is chatting up one ear while Henri Delaunay is busy on the other.
evil_cookie
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Smitty20
I don't think Zidane can hear you because Jules Rimet is chatting up one ear while Henri Delaunay is busy on the other.

whispering...it's not gonna happen :p
Dj Smitty20
quote:
whispering...it's not gonna happen :p

Im' not sure you caught the full meaning of my comment.

But how is Zidane overrated? He's won a World Cup, a Euro and is about to play in his 2nd WC Final in 3 tournies. Plus he's played a huge part in all of France's campaigns.

The guy is a legend.
chi6me8ra
quote:
Originally posted by luisjb82
Whatever happened to good old CLEAN football? beats me.

I just hope none of that cheating and diving happen in the final.

from what i've seen, the italians are champion divers so that might be a little too much to ask
evil_cookie
quote:
Im' not sure you caught the full meaning of my comment.

But how is Zidane overrated? He's won a World Cup, a Euro and is about to play in his 2nd WC Final in 3 tournies. Plus he's played a huge part in all of France's campaigns.

The guy is a legend.

I assume you meant Delaunay & Rimet are 'chatting up with him about him taking the cup' "their cup" :p

anyway, he's not a legend far from it...answer me this;what was he doing in 2002? he's by no means a consistent player, and you can't argue that.
CranberryJuice
quote:
I assume you meant Delaunay & Rimet are 'chatting up with him about him taking the cup' "their cup" :p

anyway, he's not a legend far from it...answer me this;what was he doing in 2002? he's by no means a consistent player, and you can't argue that.

ur funny :stongue:
Dj Smitty20
those are the names of the World Cup and Euro trophies...and since Zidane has already won them both (unlike any current Italian player), I think he's a little above criticism at this stage.
fastmp3
what did zidane do this past season with real madrid ? nothing, it's like he saved himself to the world cup
paranoik0
quote:

Give me a current player that never had a tournament. By the way, he got injured right before the first match in 2002, and skipped that one. I don't have any doubts that Zidane will be remembered as one of the best players ever, and it's fully deserved.

About this final. If major tournament traditions will keep on being respected, France is winning this. However I really hope Italy does it.. that Euro 2000 final still doesn't feel right in my memory. :(

Voted for Italy, I think they will make it.

Dj Smitty20
quote:
Originally posted by fastmp3
what did zidane do this past season with real madrid ? nothing, it's like he saved himself to the world cup

yeah...kinda like what Mario Lemieux did during the 01/02 NHL season. Zidane is 34 and will probably can it all soon. Winning one more world cup is more important to him (probably) than having another blah season with Madrid (who are crap by the way).
loconet
quote:

I'm going to be an ass and say that Zidane has never won the Jules Rimet. The Jules Rimet was last won by Brazil in 1970. After that worldcup, the new trophy's name is The FIFA World Cup. :p

I do agree with your comment regarding Zidane though. Already a legend in French football.
CLICK TO RETURN TO TOP OF PAGE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 
Privacy Statement